Chapter Five

Josie's Pov
My eyes watched closely folding my arms over my chest.  I held a couple books to my chest watching Howl walking towards this door, he looked very focused and I found myself staring at the strange lock. It was different colors.

"Howl why is that doors locks different colors?" I tilted my head a bit at it watching Howl spin back around to face me a little startled, but he then flashed me a grin.

"Well this door has my magic in it, watch this." He flipped the lock to the pink color and I watched him pull the door open, I was taken back by the sudden smell of the grass and nature.

Howl slowly held the door open, and waved his free hand for me to come down the steps. But I heard Luna talking to me.

"Josie you better go with that hot wizard." My cheeks grew a flame and I shot the fire demon a small glare.

"Oh go kiss Calcifer." I hissed watching her red face grow blue while Calcifer was yelling at me.  Howl just tossed his head back laughing but gestured.

"It took a while and I'm sorry we are starting your training really late but I found the perfect place." He smiled my way and when I peek outside it was pure gorgeous, flowers so many of them.

"Well shit." I whispered once my bare feet stepped out on the grass, I heard the click behind me but Howl was joining me as well rolling his sleeves up.

"I made this garden for Sophie it's for her to pick flowers for her flower shop, she said it's alright that we use it for training cause- I don't think anyone can take you burning down more curtains."

I let an embarrassed laugh out.

"My bad." I giggled feeling his amusement, "I met Calcifer here when I was young the story I told you, but any way, I'm teacher Howl now open the first book. It's gonna be a long few hours."

I found myself pouting but I sat on the grass taking the first large book off, setting the other besides me.

"Why is this book so big?" I grumbled hearing Howl chuckling tucking his hair behind his ears.

"Cause of all the spells and potions," I sighed defeated yanking my annoying hair away from my face.

"Chapter One page twenty, emotional control over your magic." Howl read out.

_____________________________
"Alright now focus on shooting the fire out, don't let it burn you." Nodding my head a couple times. I held my palm out focusing on just this one palm, watching the fire spark out I held back freaking out and held my breath watching the flames.

I quickly shot out a fire ball, and gasped in awe letting my flames die down. I spun around to see Howl was nodding his head deeply with a grin.

"You passed the first few chapters good job Josie's." I smiled shyly and rubbed at my palms a bit feeling so calm and relaxed.

"I'm really proud of you actually, you are getting better at it each day, you might become better then me." I felt my eyes grow wide and I quickly shook my head fast.

"No, No." I laughed quietly.  "You are one of the top wizards in the entire country of London." I giggled shyly.

"I guess meeting you was sort of like fate." Howl hummed a bit and ran his hands through his blue hair. He made his way towards me and I felt him cup my chin making me gaze up at him deeply.

"There's a fire in your eyes Josie's a normal person can't see it, but I can your emotions are strong, in all you are strong." I held my breath gazing at Howl's enchanting eyes.

"So I do believe in fate, it happens all the time." The breeze blew all around us. And I found myself cupping his cheek, stroking my thumb across his cheeks shyly whispering.

"You really are a flirt aren't you Howl?" I started giggling when he stared at me side smiling at me laughing with me. He slowly pressed his forehead on my own, gazing at me fully.

"Is it working?" He asked me curious like. I looked to be in deep thought before I started giggling.

"Howl you are gonna have to try way harder then that." I teased him still stroking his cheeks and he seemed to be leaning into my hand even more.

"Harder huh? Hmm alright then." It was quite for a few minutes before I felt his hand move from my chin to play and tuck my hair away over my shoulder much more his eyes still gazing at me moving his forehead away from my own.

"Your hair glows like fire it's beautiful."