Chapter 2 ~•They are pretty cute•~

~•~

   The sun beamed through the window, bright light spread across the room. The loud beeping of an alarm woke the young girl from her restful sleep. She groaned as she tried to reach for the clock, turning it off. Sitting up from bed, she shielded her eyes from the bright light from the window. "Ugh I should've closed the blinds..." She grumbled. She rubbed her eyes to adjust her eyesight from the bright light. She noticed she wasn't in her normal room and was in a brand new bedroom. She raised a brow before remembering. "Oh right... We moved..."

   Kris slowly stood up and limped out of bed lazily. She quickly took a shower and changed into more suitable clothing, a bright red shirt and an striped blue and white long sleeved undershirt, she wore faded blue overall shorts with vertically striped white and light blue socks on her right leg and horizontally striped light red and white socks on the left leg with faded red running shoes. She stretched her limbs, walking over towards a mirror. She looked over to herself and sighed. Her blue hair was in tangles and knots, so she grabbed a brush and ran it through her hair. After she finished she tossed the brush somewhere that probably would be hard to find and threw on a black and white beanie and a satchel and walked downstairs with a skip in her step.

   "Hi Cher Bear!" Kris greeted, immediately hit with the smell of pancakes as she walked over to the kitchen where Cheri was making blueberry pancakes. "Mornin' " They replied in a monotone voice, flipping the pancakes. Cheri wore a light grey top with a long sleeved black and white striped shirt underneath and white ripped jeans. She also wore a cute white and grey wolf hat that Kris had gotten for them, they always kept denying they didn't like it but still wore it, which Kris found funny. She slipped into a seat on the table and spotted a thick file on the table. As she was about to reach it, a plate of blueberry pancakes with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, sprinkles, and a little cherry on top with decorative edible flowers slid in front of her.

  She stared at the pancakes in awe and looked up at her friend who was sipping on coffee, a little attempt to hide the smile on their face at their friend's reaction. Kris immediately dug into her pancakes, savoring the taste. Cheri placed down her mug and grabbed the file, which caught Kris's attention.

  "What's that?" She asked. Cheri placed down the open file and showed it. There were pictures of people with detailed information about them, from their height to their age and blood type. Kris tilted her head and looked at the file carefully. "It's a file of everyone who works in the pizza plex." Cheri shrugged, moving the file towards Kris as she grabbed it. It didn't really matter much if Kris searched through important information that involved their work despite not working with her, the agency already knew about Kris and she was basically Cheri's assistant. Even if she was a bit childish.

  "Wow that's a lot..." Kris blinked.

  "I know. They told me there have been documents and files about how most of the people working there, specifically the performers, had to change there name to get the job." Cheri explained as Kris skimmed through the file. It was a bit long and she was a bit lazy to read most of it until two certain pictures caught her eye.

  "Sundrop and Moondrop?" She questioned out loud, Cheri leaned foward to look at the file, humming. Both boys were apparently nineteen, the same age as her. "Huh? Oh yeah those two. They work at the daycare for the pizza plex." They explained, sipping her coffee. Kris read the file about the both of them as Cheri kept explaining.

  "Those two didn't have to change their names to get the job, unlike the others. They were already named Sun and Moon, which was apparently strange. They both have vitiligo, a skin disease that caused a patch of there skin to be a different color than their normal. They both pretty much live up to their character, Sundrop being bright and energetic enough to entertain children, and Moondrop being calm and "less enthusiastic" enough to put children to sleep."

  Kris stared at their pictures. Sundrop had fluffy looking blond and brown hair and cute freckles on his cheeks. Half of his face was darker than the other, and he had two different colored eyes, one eye was brown and the other was bright blue. He wore a head band with triangles on it to match sun rays. He also wore a neck ruffle and what looked like a bright yellow jester outfit with bells on it. He had a bright smile on his face that was just radiating with excitement, with a notable gap in his teeth. Kris's eyes widened at the picture, humming as she looked at the other picture.

  Moondrop had what looked a resting bitch face on. His hair was split into two colors, black and white. He was heterochromic as well, having one brown eye and one red eye. His skin was similar to Sundrop's except it was on the opposite side. He was also dressed in a similar fashion, a baggy jester outfit with the neck ruffle and bands. Except of course, without the bells, and instead of a headband with sun rays he wore a starry night cap. Instead of bright yellow colors, he wore more monochrome colors.

  Kris hummed again, taking a sharp inhale.

  "They're pretty cute, not gonna lie..." She mumbled. Cheri's eyes widened for a moment, blinking in slight surprise before returning to their normal monotone expression. "...Okay? Well we can head over to the pizza plex after breakfast. I'm going to go make a call, don't get the file dirty." They stated, pulling out her phone from the their pocket and walking off. Kris took another bite of her pancakes while looking at the file. She wondered if she'll be ever able to meet those two...

Word count: 1031