Chapter 4 ~•The Daycare•~

~•~

The daycare was where parents usually dropped off their children so that they could go enjoy their time without needing to look after them. When they need to be picked up, it would be the most likely place for Fall's parents to search, as they might assume that their child might have been taken there. Kris scooped up Fall, who yelped before grabbing on to her. "M-Miss? Where are we going?" They asked, not knowing why they were suddenly picked up. "To the daycare! You're parents would most likely look for you there!" She replied as she walked up the stairs. She took a turn and headed for the entrance of the daycare, she found it while she was exploring but didn't want to go in since she didn't want to embarrass herself.

She walked past a few posters that caught her eye, it was a cartoon version of Sundrop and Moondrop, depicting then showing of candies that fit their themes. She kept walking until she saw a huge gold statue of the cartoon version of Sundrop and Moondrop. Sundrop was at the front arms wide and open while Moondrop was behind him, the statues were incredibly disturbing. Fall held on tightly to Kris's arm when they saw the statue. It looks like they were disturbed by it as well. Kris placed down Fall gently and the two walked around for a bit, looking over at a balcony that looked down on the daycare. Kris checked the sides to see if there was a staircase around but none to her surprise Instead there was a slide with the words "SLIDE TO FUN" with an arrow pointing downwards into the slide.

"Well I guess you're supposed to slide down..." Kris said, tilting her head. Fall peeked into the slide and held onto her hand tightly. "I don't want to go alone!" Fall told her, holding onto her leg. Kris's eyes widened for a moment before she frowned and crouched down. "But I can't come with you." She sighed. Fall looked at her, shaking their head. "...Why?" They asked. Kris averted her eyes somewhere else, trying to form a valid excuse. "...Because it's embarrassing..." She mumbled, a pink tint appearing on her face at the thought. Fall looked at her and gave her what looked like their best puppy dog eyes. "...Please?" They begged. Kris took a deep breath and sighed. "Fine, I'll go in first." She surrendered as the child nodded in thankfulness. She sat in the entrance of the slide, taking a deep breath before sliding inside. Kris let out a small yelp as she landed into a puddle of colored plastic balls. Soon, Fall fell in as well, landing in the ball pit as well. As Kris was about to stand up, she noticed a huge shadow was casted over her figure and opened her eyes. As she opened her eyes, they widened at the sight of who stood above her.

Heterochromic eyes stared back into her own with a curious look. "Oh look! New friends! Are you alright?" He beamed. He had fluffy looking blond and brown hair and cute freckles on his cheeks. Half of his face was darker than the other, and he had two different colored eyes, one eye was brown and the other was bright blue. He wore a head band with triangles on it to match sun rays. He also wore a neck ruffle and what looked like a bright yellow jester outfit with bells on it. He had a bright smile on his face that was just radiating with excitement, with a notable gap in his teeth. Her cheeks burned in blush as she looked up at the boy who stared at her. It was Sundrop, the (cute) daycare attendant.

"Ah..umm..wha-? Oh yeah, I'm alright..." She mumbled, sitting up. Kris looked around and spotted Fall who sat up from the ball pit. "Fall!" Kris called out, moving a little to reach over to them. They looked at her and smiled, going up to her and engulfing her in a hug. "Are you alright?" She asked, pulling away. Fall nodded and giggled, they looked around before looking up at Sundrop who they apparently now just noticed.

"Hello new friend! I'm Sundrop!" He waved, a bright smile on his face as the bells in hands jingled, Fall shyly waved back as Kris stood up, wiping her hands on her shorts. "I'm sorry about that. I'm Carmeil Kristina! Carmy or Kris for short, though usually Kris!" She introduced herself. "I was trying to help my friend Fall here find their parents. So I took them to the daycare in case they would look for them here." She explained, gesturing to the child who was clinging to her leg.

"Oh! Alright then! If you want you can stay here too! We were doing arts and crafts and about to play hide and seek!" He smiled, he sounded like he wanted her to stay. Kris sweatdropped and shook her head, waving her hands in front of her. "Ah, wait. I don't want to intrude-" "Intrude? Of course not! The more the merrier, right?" He smiled, tilting his head. He honestly looked like a puppy, a lot actually. Unable to resist she reluctantIy smiled, "I guess it would be fine if I stayed for a little while... right?" Sundrop's face lit up as he smiled brightly. Gosh he was cute.

"Come with me!" He said as grabbed her wrist and ran over to where the kids were drawing, Fall following behind. The whole place was filled with color as if splashed it all over the place, and speaking of color, a bit of paint, glue, paper and glitter were scattered around everywhere from where the kids were doing there arts and crafts. "Hello everyone!" He said loudly, getting all the children's attention. He must be really good at his job to silence kids that easily? "This is Kristina and Fall! They both just arrived at the daycare! Everybody say hi!" He clasped his hands together, the children greeted them in unison. Fall waved at them and said hi in return while as Kris only waved at them nervously.

"You have really pretty hair Miss Kristina!" One kid pointed out, making Kris chuckle nervously. "Oh, umm thank you. " The children went back to their arts and crafts as Fall shyly joined in picking up a crayon and paper and started drawing. Kris watched Sundrop grab a box of crayons and started coloring something, he looked up at her who was still nervously standing in place and patted the ground next to him. She gave him a soft smile as she sat down next to him and took a pencil and a sheet of paper and began drawing.

"I've never seen you around the pizza plex before!" He stated, looking at her while she drew. She looked up and smiled. "I actually just moved here about yesterday ago, uhh... My roommate's job had to make us move here." She replied, Sundrop's eyes sparkle with interest. "Really? What do they do?" He asks. Kris nervously chuckles, she tried to think of a lie of what her friend was doing besides snooping around the entire pizza plex. "Uhh... I honestly don't even know anymore... They take a lot of different jobs at the same time." She lied, though she wasn't technically lying entirely, her friend's work involved her working undercover which led to them working multiple jobs.

"Wow! That's amazing! There are actually a few jobs open at the pizza plex if they are interested!" He smiled as he grabbed the glitter glue. Kris laughed as she glanced at his drawing, looking back up at him. He was so vibrant and energetic yet somehow comforting, his cute and warm smile just radiated with excitement that he had the enough energy for a whole town. Kris shook her head quickly and went back to her drawing, glancing up a bit with a small pink tint on her face. "I'll keep that in mind."

-----------------------

A/N: This has been sitting in my drafts in a while lol

ALSO PEOPLE ARE READING THIS TRASH?? HOLY SHIT-