Chapter 3 ~•The Pizza Plex•~

~•~

   "This place is big..." Kris gasped as they looked at the building. People had begun to flood in to see the popular faces of the pizza plex. Cheri was still in their seat, looking at the same file from earlier. The pizza plex was still open and Cheri wasn't about to let Kris go in yet. They only hummed response to Kris's reaction, looking the contents of the file one more time. "Yup, says here that the pizza plex opened at least 30 years after their previous business had burnt down. They replaced the animatronics with actual people in order to salvage whatever was left of the Fazbear Franchise reputation." They explain, closing the file in their hands and slipping it into the glove box. The two exited the large car and Kris immediately attempted to dart towards the entrance, only to be stopped by Cheri who had grabbed the back of her shirt and lifted her slightly before she ran off. Because of the large height difference between the two (Cheri being about 6'2 and Kris being about 4'9) it almost looked like she was carrying an angry child.

   Kris was about to complain until Cheri looked down at her. "You need to be more careful and listen to me. The last Fazbear business was burnt down because it was hinged on the fact that one of it's previous owners was a child serial killer and that the animatronics he made also killed children. The other owner and someone else had burnt down Freddy's Frights, the most recent business from Fazbear Entertainment, in an attempt to destroy the animatronics that , rumor has it, had the souls of children that he murdered. If you run off and get lost in that huge place you might get yourself killed. Especially since you look and act like a child." Cheri glared down, dropping Kris back down carefully. Kris grumbled curses and crossed her arms, looking away as they both walked towards the pizza plex entrance. "How did you remember all that?" She asked quietly as to make sure no one heard their conversation as the two were hit by a burst of color and the smell of pizza and cinnamon. "That was only the tip of the iceberg. That's why I was sent here to find out more information." They replied as they both looked around. The whole place was filled with children, they laughed and played around with each other as their parents tried to keep their children tamed and staff bots cleaning up all the messes right as there made. Cheri looked at Kris and put a hand on her shoulder.

   "I'm going to explore this place alone. If there really is a serial killer around this place then it's better if you shouldn't come." Cheri stated, Kris's eyes widened and she grabbed her arm. "Wait wha-? No, I thought you said I might get lost!?" Kris said, sputtering out a bunch of possibilities that could occur. What if she's wasn't able to find her friend again? What if they don't come back? What if she does get killed? What if-

   Cheri sighed as they pried her hand off her arm. "You can always call me if you need me. You won't be alone for long, you can call me when you need me on your phone. Besides, do you really think a serial killer can beat us? Even if we are apart?" Cheri said, holding Kris's face with one hand. They chuckled and put a hand on her head. "It's not the end of the world. You're predictable enough not to get yourself killed." Kris sighed and nodded in response, looking up at Cheri with a worried expression. "Just don't get yourself murdered okay? If you do I won't be able to socially interact anymore." She joked. Cheri rolled her eyes, a small smile on their face as they looked off in a different direction. "I won't I promise."

   "You pinky promise? You know how I feel when people make promises." Kris asked, a little more serious at her second statement as she brought up her pinky. Cheri rolled their cyan eyes and linked their own pinky with hers. "Yeah, yeah... Pinky promise." They said, bringing their pinky back down and ruffling her hair before walking away.

  Kris watched as her friend disappeared into the crowd, most likely about to sneak into a restricted section of the pizza plex. She sighed as she looked around the pizza plex, her feet were stuck in place. She took a deep breath before she began walking again.

~•Two hours later...•~

    Kris looked around the pizza plex, a soft smile on her face as she strolled around. She had been to the golf course, the restaurant, gift shop and other places, and in her bag was a little Glamrock Freddy plush that, in her opinion, was the best. She looked around the pizza plex a bit more, the place was big that she had a feeling she hadn't even come close to exploring all of it. Cheri hadn't contacted her yet which worried her slightly, but she put faith that her friend wouldn't get kicked out of the pizza plex. She giggled at the thought of her friend getting kicked out. As she kept walking, she had spotted a small child that had looked like they were about to cry. A worried expression washed over her face as she walked over to the child, she crouched down in front of them.

  "Hey... What's wrong?" Kris asked. The child rubbed their eyes and looked at her, they looked to be about 4 or 5 years old. The child had short red hair and wore a autumn themed orange sweater. "I can't find my daddies... " The child sniffled, wiping their nose with their small hands. Kris pulled out a tissue from her satchel and wiped the child's nose and cheeks, she gave them a small smile and placed her hand on their head. "Hey, it's okay... I can help you find your parents." She told them, their eyes lit up. "Really?" They asked, sniffling a bit. Kris nodded and stood up, holding their hand gently. "What's your name?" She asked, as she walked around.

   "My name is Fall! What's your name? er... miss?" They replied, the sad frown now replaced with a small smile. "I'm Kris! Nice to meet you too!" She giggled. Fall smiled at her. "You have really pretty hair Miss Kris! Hey that rhymes!" They told her, she looked surprised for a moment before her face melted into happier look.

   "Thank you...."

~•an hour later•~

  She had kept child company while they both were looking for their parents, even treating Fall for lunch, but sadly they had no luck finding them so far. As they kept walking, Fall suddenly stood in place, Kris turned around in confusion but her eyes widened when she saw tears stream down their face. "Oh no no no, don't cry! It'll be alright!" She kneeled down in front of the child, wiping their tears away. "...W-What if we can't find papa and d-daddy?..." They cried. Kris shook her head and hugged Fall.

   "Hey, it's okay... I promise you, I'll find your parents." Kris comforted. She pulled away and brought out her pinky finger, Fall looked at her before bringing up their hand and interlocking their pinkies. "You promise...?" Fall asked, Kris nodded. "I always keep my promise." She smiled before pulling her pinky away and reaching into her bag. She pulled out her Glamrock  Freddy plushie and gave it to Fall. They gasped and brought the plushie into their arms. "Thank you miss..." They sniffled. Kris stood up and smiled. "You're very welcome."

  As she stood up, she looked around for a moment. 'Where else should I look?' she thought, she tried to think of places where their parents will most likely find them until she remembered.

   "The daycare!"

Word count: 1325