Chapter 9

Important A/N at the end please read!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up and slowly opened my eyes as the morning sun filtered through the small window in lake town. As I moved to sit up I felt two strong arms around me. I looked up to see Thorin opening his eyes slowly. "Morning." He said lowly as he saw me looking at him. "Morning." I replied as I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"Hope you slept well." He whispered in my ear before standing up and walking over the the bathroom. I blushed and slipped out of the bed. "I'm going to slip out to my room before anyone wakes up and change." I said as Thorin walked over to me.

"Wait. Come here." Thorin said as he patted the edge of the bed. I walked over to him and sat down with my back facing him. "This will make sure everyone knows your mine." Thorin said. Immediately I knew what he was talking about as he took a chunk of hair from behind my ear and began braiding it.

"I've been thinking..." Thorin said slowly. "Thinking about what...?" I asked slowly. "I want you to be safe. So.....I want you to stay here. In Laketown while we go and kill the dragon....some how." Thorin said as he finished braiding my hair and finished it with a clasp engraved with a "T"

"What?!" I exclaimed as I turned to face him. "I want you to be safe and the mountain won't be safe. Please just do this for me. I'll come back right after for you. I promise." Thorin said with a smile as he sat in front go me as I took a piece of his hair and began braiding. "Fine. Only if you promise to come back straight after though." I said as I finished the braid and put a clasp on it engraved with an "A" He smiled as he looked at it then kissed me quickly. "I promise." He said as we pulled away

"I'll see you soon." I said with a smile before opening the door and walking down to my room. Once there I changed into some black leggings and a royal blue shirt with a black corset. Afterwards I went to the bathroom and brushed through my hair, being careful of the braid, and left it down for the day.

I walked out of the room and down to the great hall where everyone was was eating breakfast, except for Bofur, seeing as he was passed out under the table because of the party from the night before. As I walked in I could see the company eating and laughing around the table. "It's about time!" I heard Kili shout as he glanced and saw Thorin's braid in my hair. I blushed slightly and sat between Fili and Balin. "I'm happy for you lass. He's a good lad." Balin said as he clapped my shoulder.

I smiled and thanked him as Thorin walked in. "Everyone get up and ready. We are leaving soon." He said before walking back out. I sighed and stayed sitting as everyone got up and left. "What's wrong lass? Arn't you going to get ready?" Balin asked, noticing me still sitting. "Thorin wants me to stay. He doesn't want me hurt. I understand but still... I wish I could go." I said as I sighed and stood up.

Balin looked at me understanding and walked out leaving me to find Thorin. I found him and the company heading towards a small boat on the water. "You do realize we're one short right? Where's Bofur?" Bilbo asked as they began climbing into the boat. "If he's not here we leave him behind." Thorin said. "We'll have to if we are to reach the mountain in time." Balin said. As everyone piled in the small boat Thorin put a hand on Kili's shoulder and stopped him before he could get on.

"Not you. We must travel at speed you will slow us down." Thorin said. "What are you talking about? I'm coming with you." Kili said. "Not now." Thorin replied as he loaded weapons on board. "I'm going to be there when that door is opened. When we first look upon the halls of our fathers, Thorin." Kili trailed off. "Kili...stay here. Rest. Join us when your healed." Thorin said as he smiled lightly and stepped towards the boat. "I'll stay with the lad. My duty lies with the wounded." Oin said, stepping off the boat.