Chapter 10

A/N AT THE END!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on everyone! Out!" I shouted as we heard people in lake town begin to panic. Everyone had heard the dragon and was hurrying to escape before the dragon brought it's wrath down on lake town. "We aren't leaving. Not without our father." Bain said stubbornly. "You sisters will die here if they stay. Is that what your father would want?" Tauriel said as she helped Tilda with her coat. Bain sighed before turning. "Im fine I can walk." I heard Kili said as his brother helped him to stand.

"Come on everyone hurry." I shouted as we all filed out of the house and onto the small boat. "Fili, Bofur get the oars." I command as we floated down the narrow river. "Already commanding people like a queen." I heard Fili mutter under his breath causing a snicker from Kili. I shot them a look which shut them up then turned back to face where we were headed, open water.

While we where turning a shadow covered up from above as we saw the shape of a dragon flying above us. As we were floating along we glanced up and saw Bard firing arrows at the dragon. "He hit it! The dragon, he hit it!" Kili shouted. "No! His arrows can not pierce its hide. Only a black arrow can do that." I said gravely.

While we spoke Bain grabbed onto a hook and swung over to a dock. "Bain!" I shouted as I grabbed onto the hook as it wing back and ran after him. "Get them to safety!" I shouted at Bofur, Fili, Kili, and Oin before running after Bain. "A black arrow." I breathed as I caught up with him and he grabbed it from in a boat. "I have to get this to Da." he said. "I'll take it. Go back to your sisters and take care of them. I will insure your father will safely return." I said before pushing him off. "Go! Hurry!" I shouted once more before he turned and ran.

I looked up to see Bard was still firing arrows at the dragon. I ran and dogged al the falling debris as the dragon blew fire over the town. Before reaching the bell tower Smaug blew fire in front of where I was, though before it could engulf me completely I moved back into a alley way. "Well isn't this fun. I smell something on you. A rather frailer scent." I heard the dragons voice said from above me as it landed, sniffing the air. I flattened myself against the wall as best I could hoping to hide myself form the dragon. Smaug sniffed the air them moved and snaked his head around to above me and looked down at me.

"Ah yes, Oakensheild. You reek of his smell. You mean something to him and he means something t you hmm? What a pity it would be if one of you were to....what are the words I'm looking for...pass on?" Smaug said before letting out a horrible sound which I presumed to be laughing. "Not today you overgrown lizard." I muttered before sprinting away from the foul dragon, down alley ways and towards the bell tower. I went inside and climbed up to where Bard was to see him slump down defeated.

"Bard!" I shouted over the wind. He looked over at me as I climbed up, black arrow in hand. "What?...how did yo-......never mind just hurry before he co-" Bard was saying before Smaug flew over us, hitting the tower with his claws and tail, knocking Bard off and onto the dock. "Bard!" I shouted. He look up at me before pointing before me and backing up to save himself from getting burnt to a crisp.

I turned to see Smaug land behind me and snarl. "Now what would you be planning to do with that?" He said, glancing at the black arrow. "Oh this.....uh...nothing." I said before giving him a fake smile. Smaug roared with anger and glared at me. Quickly I grabbed the broken parts of Bard's long bow and stabbed them in the sides of the wood that was left of the tower before pulling the string back, balancing the arrow on a stray piece of wood. "You can never defeat me. What would Oakensheild do without you?" Smaug snarled with a glint in his eyes.

"You won't sway me with your words Smaug." I said before positioning the arrow towards the dent in the dragons hide. "We have been here long enough. Your time has come." Smaug shouted before he began moving towards me. I sighed. "Now or never." I muttered to myself before I let out a cry and released the arrow. It sailed through the air and like magic it embedded itself into the dragons chest. Smaug roared in pain and as he was taking off he knocked the tower over sending me into the ground. I groaned in pain as I watched Smaug fall, dead.