•Chapter 15•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

•what would change•

TW : Mentions of Death

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Five years had passed since the last major event, you've made various discoveries and big advancements.

One of those discoveries was that your lungs surpassed flame breathing, therefore it didn't take you long before mastering it. However during the time you were doing so, you discovered you've mastered a different breath style and it was not anything from the anime at all.

A Breathing Style which is stronger than Flame Breathing as it is shown to be able to burn a demon like how the sun does and makes it easier for the see to slay demons but is more focused on offensive attacks. which causes the you to get injured by the opponent because of its lack of defense.

(Credits to the creator of this breathing style, I'm sorry I couldn't find who the creator was)

However you soon learned to counter that weakness. You were quick on your feet, your speed almost surpassed the fastest hashira and it will surpass him with enough experience and training. You had a long way to go before that and you knew it, but you were gonna climb the ranks fast no matter what happens and you were determined to do so.

Which lead us to the present, you were in your room brushing your hair back as your mouth held your small hair tie. (You have short hair because you don't want that shit to get in the way every step you take.)

(A/N : This will now be a default hair length so if you don't want or have this hair length you are free to imagine it that way you want it to be! I do apologise for breaking immersion with choosing your hair length.)

You tied a section of your hair behind your head as the rest was left down.

(Like this but with your hair type, Hair color and less hair by your face)

You wore a F/C loose hakama, it wasn't baggy but just enough to be comfortable enough to run and fight in.

What are you preparing for you may ask? Well, you planned to attend the final selection earlier in order to climb the ranks faster. Only Shinjuro knew of this due to him being aware of your true identity and plans, so he suggested you left before sunrise so that you won't have to deal with the other shrimp heads.

It was about midnight as you silently made your way out of your room and outside where Shinjuro waited. Shinjuro wanted to see you off since he knew this was the last time he'll be seeing you in a long time.

You closed the door behind you as you stepped beside Shinjuro as he looked at the stars above, he glanced at you before looking back at the stars again with sad smile. You both nodded in acknowledgement of each others presence as you both stared at the stars in comfortable silence.

You pulled out two envelopes from inside your sleeves as you handed them to Shinjuro without looking away from the stars. He looked at the envelopes with a raised brow before hesitantly taking them and looked at you with an expectant expression.

"I'm gonna be gone for a very long time so i don't want them to think i died at the final selection. It's just to spare them from the grief." you said nonchalantly as your gaze fell onto his figure. "As much as I hate to say it I've grown attached to all of you. So I'd like to thank you all for all the memories we've shared during my stay here." you said as you bowed.

Shinjuro huffed before hiding the envelopes in his own sleeves and motioned you stop bowing and you casually obliged. He looked at you with a deadpan as you blinked.

"Stop making it sound like you're leaving forever. You're just gonna be gone for a few years, dont be so dramatic." he said as he lightly hit your head with his fist.

You blinked again at his words before letting out a light chuckle and rubbing the part he hit. "yeah sure, whatever old man. I gotta get going now." you said as nudged your head on the direction where the final selection was gonna be held.

He sighed as he scratched the back of his head with a swetdrop  "Yeah yeah, good luck out there kid." he said as he gestured you to get going.

You nodded with a small smile before turning to leave. Only for you to stop at your tracks when you hear Shinjuro call out to you, you hummed to signify you were listening as Shinjuro cleared his throat.

"Come visit us when you can, cause as much as i hate to admit it we've grown attached to ya as well. Especially Kyojuro and Senjuro. If ya can't visit then just send some letters, it doesn't have to be fancy just as long as we know you're still alive and striving." he said with a small smirk on his face.

A pause ensued before he opened his motu to continue.

"and Thank you for changing our fates. For not letting me destroy those books and increasing the chances of Kyojuro's survival. For letting me see her again even if it's just the past and for not letting me become a bad father.." he finished as his smirk was now replaced with a soft smile, tears pricking the corner of his eyes.

You chuckled lightly as you turned your head to look back at him with a smirk.

"Don't sweat it, I'm just getting my job done and sure I'll send some letters. I'll send one as soon as i get my Kasugai crow, how's that sound?" you casually asked as he shook his head, chuckling at your casual behaviour before wiping his tears away with his arm and looked at you straight in the eyes.

"That sounds great, kid. Good luck." he said as he nodded at you and you nodded back as you started walking away while waving your hand as a goodbye without looking back.

To you goodbye's had always been permanent due to your long life. Death had always been right around the corner and it came for everyone but you. Because you just refuse to meet your demise as long as you can do anything to prevent it.

You'll be reunited someday in the future and you refuse to die before that happens. For now, you just need to keep moving forward.

Keep fighting, Keep striving and keep living. Just like you always did.

Attending this final selection was just a mere step towards your goal. Until that goal is completed you refuse to meet your demise, so long as you are given the choice to resist.

Death had always chose to avoid you so what would change now?

(PS : This was written at 3 : 21 am, so do excuse this badly written chapter as I'm currently running on sugar. That is all everybody, I'm gonna try to go to sleep again.)