Chapter 29- Blue (Costumes)

Double update, btw!

The day was very gloomy. It had been pouring really loudly, and it just set this dark and disturbing mood. Luckily it was a competition day so no one was going anywhere.

Maddie and Kendall skipped down to the Green Room. They were definitely best friends again. Maddie had been so excited for Kendall after she gave the part to her. Zack also gave Gus' part to Lucas, since they paired up better.

"Maddie, look!" Kendall exclaimed pointing out of the window. "Lightning." She did a cartwheel since she didn't have enough momentum to do an aerial. Maddie laughed and did a front walkover.

"I'm just excited for our costumes. Paige told me they were all going to have something to do with blue. Even Not About Angels." Maddie did a grande gete and Kendall laughed.

"Cool. I am excited."

They arrived to the room. All the stylists and dancers were there. Everyone was getting their hair done while Abby pulled out a costume rack. "Kendall, Maddie, take a seat at your place, then here we go with the costumes."

Abby pulled out three garment bags. "First, is Not About Angels. Your hair is being done in a waterfall braid with curls." The costume was a simple white dress with a blue belt. The sleeves were long and big and they really looked like angels.

"Next is All of the Stars. Chloe your hair is going in a high bun with a curly accent around it." The costumes were very gorgeous. Chloe's was a slate-blue diamond pattern satin leotard over gray spandex. It had one gray shoulder tank-top and a gray skirt. Zack had a gray shirt with slate-blue pants.

"Next we have Boom Clap. Your hair is simply being crimped." The costumes consisted of black zip-up jackets that flared out at the ends. There were black shorts and blue puffy sleeves at the top before continuing to be tight and black.

"Now is Let Me In. Mackenzie your hair is going into two curled pigtails." Mackenzie's costume was a tulle bubble skirt with a blue sequined leotard. The straps were a tulle ruffle and there was a blue belt. Tyler had a blue shirt and black pants.

"Almost done. Next is Asia and Sophia. Asia's hair is going to be down and straightened, and Sophia's is going in a French Braid." The costumes were blue oversize t-shirts with a black leotard underneath. The shirt had a diamond neck and white knee-length socks.

"Our last duet is Autumn and Lucas'. Autumn, your hair is going to be put into a waterfall braid also." Autumn's costume was a two peice. She had a blue bra top with a golden brocade. There was a golden binding on the hem, neck, and sleeves. There was also a blue neck scarf that went around in the back. There was also an asymmetrically shaped blue skirt that attached just below the rib cage. Lucas had a blue flannel and black move-able pants.

"Lastly, Mia. With hip-hop acro. Your hair is going up in a high ponytail." Mia's costume was a blue sequined jacket with black leggings that had diamonds in a Z pattern. Mia smiled. Her solo and costume were both great.

"Now, the group. Everyone's hair is the same, except for Kendall's. She is going to have a wig. Kendall you have a blue dress and Lucas you have a blue suit. Like how they were on the date. Everyone else will be wearing either white dresses or white suits."

Kendall smiled at the thought of someone willing to give up the lead for her to have it. She was really excited about that. Everyone finished with their hair. Now it was time to get changed.

Maddie, Jojo, and Brooke got changed quickly. There were only twenty minutes left until they had to be on stage quickly. Alex slipped through to backstage where they were. He was very nervous for this dance since it was so technical.

Abby followed after him. She grabbed Maddie out of her turn and brought her to a separate section of the backstage. "We need to talk."

"Ms. Abby, I have been good these past few days." Maddie chewed on her nails. What could of happened.

"Yes, you have. It's just that one part. Maddie, why did you not want it. You were doing so well."

"Kendall wanted it," Maddie explained simply.

Abby shook her head and paced back and forth. "That's the kind of things you have to avoid, okay? If you want to win, it depends on how much you stand out. You have the technique, but do you catch my eye?"

Maddie bit her lip. "In the group, I should accidentally do a turn when everyone does the reach. We look like we are prepping for a turn. Just five coupe turns. Please."

Abby sighed. "If it makes you stand out, I suggest it. Look, you are amrt. You know what you are doing to catch peoples' eyes."

Maddie nodded and smiled. "In the trio, I have my own section in the beginning. It's really pretty. I am glad you gave me this group."

Abby shook her head and laughed. "Oh, no, no, no. Jeff gave it to you. He suggested it. Look, there is this thing. We want you to win. Maddie, you have been a face of the dance world for a while. What if you didn't win?"

Maddie sighed. "It'd be embarrassing."

Abby nodded and clapped her hands. "Good, why don't you run your dance here with me and- Oh!" Abby stopped mid sentence as Nia came running towards Abby. "Can you run Maddie's dance with me?"

Nia smiled. Her solo was the dance she got out on. She was Cinderella now, so it all pretty much worked out. Maddie began to dance. Abby nodded, but at the end Nia frowned.

"Maddie, you didn't connect with us at all. More!" Nia and Maddie both giggled. Then, music started to play.

It was time for the competition.

Woah! Who do you want to win? And fav costume? They weren't the best this week lol! Please vote and comment! I love your comments, guys!