Chapter 36- A Day at the Movies

It felt strange without Chloe. She was one of the most popular girls at the competition. People would flock to her, and Chloe enjoyed the attention. But now, she was gone, leaving most people upset and heartbroken. Why didn't her dance click last night?

Now that Chloe was gone, twelve dancers remained, and the dances were being picked up a notch. Zack was especially nervous and lonely. His room was eerily silent. However, him and Lucas became fast friends. Most nights Lucas stayed in Zack's room, while Mia stayed in Sophia's.

Today was the day they were learning about their dances. Maddie overheard Abby talking about this week's theme to one of the producers. It was something about movies. They were to gather at 10 AM, for some strange reason.

"Girls!" Kendall shouted as she walked out of the pool room. Maddie, Sophia, Autumn, Paige, Mia, and Brooke were all swimming at 8 in the morning. "I'm going back to my room to get ready. Remember to wear something neon!" She walked in the elevator and dropped down to the bottom floor.

"Ugh," Maddie sighed leaning against the pool wall. "I can't stand her sometimes."

Mia was confused. "Why?" She asked.

"Because!" Maddie exclaimed. "All she does is talk about clothes. What we have to wear to this rehearsal, what we have to wear to that outing. Even what bathing suits we have to wear! See? I am wearing her black top and my blue bottoms, she's wearing my blue top and her black bottoms!"

Maddie groaned and all the girls stared at each other, giving looks. Maddie never talked bad about Kendall, ever. But sometimes, even your best friends can be annoying. Maddie hopped out of the pool to dry off.

"I'm going to get ready. Wish me luck." She waved at the five of them and hopped into the elevator to go get ready. As she walked down the hall, she realized how much of a jerk she was being. Maddie sighed and rubbed her forehead.

She needed to stop.

--

At exactly 10 o'clock, everyone was ready. They were told to meet in the theater. No, not the one where all the dances take place, but at the movie theater. Everyone was confused, but did it anyways. Who knows what Abby was up to now.

First, when they got to the theater, they got a scoop full of fried potatoes, sausage, bacon, and some French toast. Then, they walked into the theater where the title on the screen was Goodfellas. Everyone was confused, but sat down anyways.

"Okay, everyone. Why are we watching this movie? We blurred out all the bad words and cut bad scenes, but why? Well, Maddie, Brooke, and Sophia are doing a contemporary jazz dance to this piece. The song we are using is Rags to Riches by Tony Bennett. Here ya go."

The movie played. It was okay, but not kid appropriate. Mackenzie even sneaked out a few times to go to the bathroom just to get away. Abby got the message. This definitely was a bad idea. At the end of the movie, she shut it off immediately. Everyone was kind of disturbed.

"Okay, um, it is 12:30. So, we have lunch ready. So, we are going to have some chicken out there. Go and get them, you have ten minutes." Abby scratched the back of her neck. Yup, definitely not a good choice.

Maddie found Brooke and Sophia. She wanted to talk to them about how they felt about their dance. She cleared her throat and they turned to look  at them. "Together again, huh?" She laughed. "What do you guys think?"

"I'm nervous for this one," Brooke said. "It sounds awful."

"Yeah, I agree," Sophia replied.

The three walked back inside. Gladiator was playing. They were late. They quickly started eating and continued to watch the movie. Apparently, it was for Paige and Zack. It was lyrical and they were going to use the song Now We Are Free. It sounded cool.

Gladiator was pretty cool, but kind of confusing to some of them. Now, it was 3:15. Everyone was tired. It was only two movies, but it was two long movies. Everyone wanted to stretch, but Abby kept them in their seats.

"Next is the movie Alien. We have a solo that goes along with one of the songs from the Alien series, The Alien Planet. It is really creepy, cool, modern ballet. And that solo belongs to Kendall." Kendall was happy about getting such a cool dance. She smiled.

The movie played. It was really creepy. Kendall loved every minute of it. She knew that it would be a good week for her. At the end of the movie, it was 5:15. Everyone liked that one and actually wanted to watch that again.

"Nope, settle down. You will like this next one. The dance is a contemporary duet. It belongs to Mackenzie and Autumn." Autumn smiled. She actually started to like dancing with Mackenzie. "It is based off of Star Wars Episode 6, where Darth Vader dies." Mackenzie smiled. "The song is The Emperor's Death. Mackenzie will be Luke and Autumn will be Darth Vader."

Autumn smiled so wide, she thought her cheeks were going to explode. This one sounded awesome. It was the battle scene, so she prepared for lots of lifts and flinging and turns and cool stunts. This was going to be awesome!

The movie played. Everyone naturally loved it. How could you not love Star Wars? The movie was lengthy, about 2 hours and 15 minutes. They ended it at 7:30, which was time for dinner. "Out in the hall is some pasta with spaghetti sauce!" Abby shouted.

Everyone was glad they finally got to stand up and stretch a little bit. The food never tasted so good. Mackenzie, Autumn, and Kendall were really happy with their dances. Kendall knew none of them would go home.

After everyone got settled, about 7:45, it was time for the next movie. The Lion King. "Our next piece is ballet. It is a solo, belonging to Jojo." Jojo smiled, but was nervous. Ballet? She was going to have trouble. "You'll be dancing to The Circle of Life."

Jojo shrugged. It would be an okay dance.

The movie was an hour and a half long, so it ended at 9:15. It was getting later and later. Everyone loved The Lion King since it was a classic. Only about two people didn't like it. The Lion King could be boring sometimes.

"Okay, next is a ballet solo going to Asia." Asia smiled and shrugged. She wasn't that big into ballet. "Your movie is The Princess Bride." Asia groaned. She hated that movie! "It will be inspired off of The Morning Ride. Very classical. You can do it."

The Princess Bride was about an hour and forty minutes long. No one was really invested into it. The movie ended at 11 PM. Mia and Lucas didn't even learn their dances yet! The two of them started to panic.

"Everyone settle down!" Abby yelled. "We have one last piece. It is lyrical. It goes to Mia and Lucas and is inspired by the Titanic. It is the dance to My Heart Will Go On." Mia was so happy! She loved the song and knew the dance would be good.

"We are watching the Titanic. So please, sit tight. You will be out of here." She pressed play. Nobody wanted to be in that room. They were there all day when they could've done something much more easier!

By the time the movie ended, it was 2:15 in the morning. Everyone was tired and could barely move. "Okay. See you tomorrow at 10 AM. I am going to let you all sleep in a little." Everyone semi-cheered, too tired to move.

But when it came to getting up out of their seats, they all moved so quick, that it was like lightning.

--

i found my book! haha, book 1 is coming to a close... any guesses how i will end this? lol please vote and comment and follow if you haven't already <3