n i n e

09

Hypothesis; the male population is capable of feeling guilt(still under testing).

Daniel and I agreed to meet the next day at the same cafe as before. This time, however, I got there before him. And let's just say his bartender brunette was not happy to see me.

The place was decorated to look like a bar. There were booths that could contain four people, booths for two, some tables, and barstools by the counter. And almost everything was brown.

As I sat on one of the barstools, waiting for Daniel, the brunette came to me, eyeing me like I was prey. If only she knew how much trouble I was.

"Are you going to order or..."

With a sweet smile that I knew will annoy her, I replied. "Not yet. I'm just waiting for Daniel Brighton." Her jaw dropped when I mentioned his name. Score. I twirled my barstool to the side and leaned in with a smirk. "He should be here any second now."

She looked like she wanted to say something else, but she decided against it, walking away with a huff. I laughed and drew out my phone to text Daniel.

To: Assface

If you stand me up, I will take your potence.

The second I clicked send, the front door swung open and the devil himself sauntered in, successfully dragging the attention of everyone to him. Maybe it was his bulky tall figure that did it for him, or his haloed dark skin, or those eyes, but whatever it was, it had to be a superpower.

He smirked when he spotted me at the counter and jogged to me. "I show up three minutes late and you blast my phone with texts."

I pursed my lips and looked away. "It was two times." Once when I'd just left the hostel and some seconds ago.

Settling into the stool beside me, he clicked his tongue against his teeth. "Admit it, Freshman. You're infatuated."

My attention whipped to him in an instant. "That would equal being in love with a rat." I eyed him with a smirk when his own dropped. "A proud rat at that."

He looked away, muttering, "Smartass."

I wouldn't say it out, but he looked good. And it's not like he was putting on something too extravagant like a suit. Though I was sure he'd pull it off nicel—

I shook my head when a picture of Daniel in a suit invade my mind. It was almost terrifying how good the image was.

"You okay?" It was Daniel who had asked. I'd apparently spaced out while staring at him.

I blinked once. Twice. Then looked away quickly. "I'm fine." Just thinking about you in a suit.

In heavy contrast to my woolen crop top and high-waist jeans, Daniel put on a jean button up shirt with the first two buttons undone and plain black baggy joggers. Even though it sounded like such a bizarre outfit, he pulled it off nicely.