t w e n t y - f o u r

There were many things I found off-putting about my current situation. For one, Chanelle had been smiling for what felt like decades. And she was seated on my bed, holding my hands and giggling.

Carol and Cherry munched on the chocolates Chanelle had brought along about an hour ago. As much as I loved chocolates, this time, I wasn't interested. I just wanted her out.

It's not that I was scared that Daniel would walk in on us, I knew he was at practice. We were supposed to meet there so we could grab dinner together. It was totally not a date though.

But yes, we'd gotten to that level. Just the thought of it sent my heart skipping but one glance at Chanelle and it steadied itself again.

Is been considering telling Daniel about everything. If I came clean, there would be a chance of him forgiving me. However, that would mean defying Chanelle. The VC's daughter who would wreck me.

The issue was, I didn't think I really cared at this point. I mean, you can't wreck what's already a wreck, right?

"I can't wait to have Daniel back!" squealed Chanelle, gripping my hand harder and grinning now. She suddenly let go of me and went to search for something in her black bag. "Have you thought about how you're going to do it yet, Noah?" She asked without looking at me.

As I thought of a reply, her hand emerged with lipgloss. I hadn't actually thought of how Daniel and I would separate. At first, I simply thought I'd rip off the band aid somehow. But now, considering how things had become between us, I didn't know how if do it, but I knew that if I did, I'd break us both.

I didn't want to do it.

Good, now all I had to do was tell that to Chanelle.

She finished off applying the lipgloss to her rose colored lips and lifted a brow at me. "I haven't really thought about it," I began to say but once her stare turned to a glare, I found myself deflecting. "There's just so many ways I could do it. At his apartment, maybe after his game or—"

"No," Chanelle smiled, whatever she'd been suspecting dissipated. "I think the game idea is cool. I've seen how he looks at you at his games. He'll definitely come to you and that's the perfect time to do it." Her eyes grew wider than they already were. "Great idea, Noah."

Yeah. Great idea, Noah.

I couldn't do this right now. I licked my lips and stood up, tossing my brand new braids over my shoulder. They still hurt a little considering I had them made this morning.

"I have to go," I announced to no one in particular. On Cherry's bed, she and Carol lifted their heads from the box of chocolate.

Cherry's auburn hair bounced as she nodded once, studying me like she wanted to see through my demeanor. I pulled my lips into a line.

Carol perked up. "Where are you going?" After a pause, she rephrased her words. "It's not that you have to tell though."

"Of course she does!" said Chanelle incredulously, hot gaze landing on me. Behind her, Carol and Cherry cast her weird looks and the latter had a frown on her lips. "Are you going to see Daniel?"

I simply nodded and it seemed to please Chanelle.

"All the better to secure your spot in his heart before friday, right?" It wasn't much of a question. More a statement.

A statement that had me freezing up. Friday?

"Friday?" Carol asked out loud on my behalf, eyebrows meeting the roof. "That's awfully soon."

"Y—Yeah," I chipped in and Chanelle turned to stare at me. "Plus, the month doesn't end until Monday."

Chanelle sighed like she was already tired of explaining. Funny how she hadn't even began. Friday was two days away for the love of all things good. That was way too soon.