Chapter 13

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

"Parseltongue"

Writing/Reading

"YELLING"

Wizengamot Chamber Ten

Many prominent wizards and witches packed into the Wizengamot chamber, eager to learn the truth and find clarity in what was going on in regards to the allegations of Sirius Black. Whether or not it was possible if he was innocent or not, and that the Ministry of Magic had truly sent an innocent man to Azkaban without a trial, needed to be made clear, and they all wanted to know the truth. Harry looked around the chamber, taking in all of the faces of the lords and ladies that he would, according to his uncle Cyrus, one day work alongside to discuss important legislation once he took his Potter Seat on the Wizengamot. He remembered how his uncle explained that there were three groups in the Wizengamot: there was the Light Faction which was at one point led by Harry's family but was now led by Dumbledore via (possibly illegal) proxy, then the Dark Faction led by Lucius Malfoy, and finally the Neutral Faction led by Cyrus himself. He saw the faces of Belladonna Zabini, Adam Davis, Lucius Malfoy, Minister Fudge who walked in with a toad-faced woman, and Amelia Bones, the last three taking their seats.

As he observed the room, he felt each of his hands being held by Daphne and Astoria, while Elizabeth gently gripped his shoulder, before he noticed Ron and Hermione walking towards them with Arthur Weasley. Harry smiled as he got up to greet his best friends, walking towards them and wrapping his arms around them, pulling them into an exciting embrace. While surprised as Harry had never enacted physical contact before, Ron and Hermione accepted the hug and returned it with great vigor. Pulling out of the embrace, Harry and Mr. Weasley greeted each other with a smile and a handshake, before returning to where Harry had been seated with Daphne and aunt Elizabeth.

"Aunt Elizabeth, these are my best friends from Hogwarts, Ronald Weasley, and Hermione," Harry said, pointing to each of his friends. "The latter of which is like a sister to me."

Ron and Hermione, the former a bit stiffer than the latter, nodded their heads in respect before shaking hands with Harry's godmother, while the aforementioned latter also blushed a little red as Harry called her his sister. Elizabeth simply smiled at each of them, before accepting the handshakes. Elizabeth looked back towards the entrance of the chamber, where it was expected for Sirius Black to come through once his trial started.

"Harry, how have you been?" Hermione asked, concerned and excited for her best friend.

"Yeah mate, I imagine you'll be looking forward to coming back to the Burrow and not have to worry about any Snakes, huh?" Asked Ron, his tactfulness on point as ever.

Harry couldn't help but shake his head in disappointment, while Daphne glared at the young Weasley boy and Mr. Weasley facepalmed himself, as he too shook his head. Hermione on the other hand simply slapped Ron on the backside of his head.

"Oww, Hermione, what was that for?!" Ron asked, glaring at his friend for slapping him.

"You know very well what it was for Ron," Hermione stated, keeping her voice down so as not to disturb anyone else in the chamber. "Harry has every right to associate himself with anyone he wants to, regardless of what House they're in, just as long as it isn't Malfoy and his bunch."

Hermione's words ended up eliciting a chuckle from a few of the people around her, though Ron's face had taken on a tint of red.

"But Hermione, Greengrass is a Slytherin like Malfoy, she's no better than him!" Ron argued until he felt another slap on the back of his head, this time from his father; something that was extremely rare.