Chapter 9

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

"Parseltongue"

Writing/Reading

"YELLING"

Harry stumbled out of the fireplace in The Leaky Cauldron but was quick to recover before he ended up falling onto his face. Brushing any ash off of his clothes, Harry turned to see Daphne exit the flames, brushing ash off her clothes as well. Taking her place at his side while they waited for her mother, Daphne placed a hand on Harry's shoulder. As he watched, he noticed that she still had her bed hair, and decided to let her know about it.

"Umm, Daphne? Don't take this the wrong way but... your hair?" He said, gently pointing to her hair.

Daphne looked at Harry like he had two heads, until she raised a hand to her hair, and felt how it was all over the place. As she did so, her eyes widened when she realized that she hadn't brushed her hair.

"Bloody Merlin, I must've forgotten to brush my hair before we left!" She exclaimed as she did her best to flatten it down with her hands. "Well, I'm sure mother will fix it when she arrives."

The two stood in a comfortable silence after that. As they waited, Daphne turned to Harry and looked at him.

"You going to be okay?" She asked, knowing that he was potentially going to learn something major, whatever that may be.

Harry looked at Daphne, marveling at the type of person she was. She had perfected her Ice Queen persona to the point that anyone who she wasn't associated with, would believe that she was an intimidating person; but to those who she was closest, she was a kind and supporting individual, who would gladly defend her family and friends with everything she had. She had even shown Harry why she was a true Slytherin, as she was here to support Harry, while more than likely curious about what his parents may have left her.

"Yeah, I think so I'm gonna be okay," He answered, mostly trying to convince himself rather than Daphne.

Daphne tenderly smiled at Harry, moved her hand from his shoulder, and placed it on his cheek, gently moving it to make him look at her.

"Whatever we find out, I'm sure that it'll be good Harry," She said gently, unaware that her mother had exited the Floo, and was watching them. "From what Mum and Daddy said about your parents, they would've made sure that you would be happy, had certain events not taken their place."

Harry smiled at Daphne's words, while he placed one of his own hands, over hers, and gently held it. The two teens gently angled their heads toward one another, and would've had their first kiss then and there, had Elizabeth not decided to clear her throat, and announce their presence. Quickly jumping back and separating, Harry immediately missed the feeling of Daphne's hand on his cheek.

"I'm sorry for interrupting this tender moment, but we do have a schedule to keep," She said, a small teasing smile on her face. "So let us be on our way."

Umm.. mother, before we do so, could you..." Daphne started, pointing at her hair.

Catching onto what she was referring to, Elizabeth shook her head. Nevertheless, she took her wand out, and waved it around Daphne's hair, silently casting a spell. Whatever the spell was, Harry watched in amazement as Daphne's wild hair flattened and smoothed out, until it rested neatly on her head.

"Now then, let's get going to Gringotts," Elizabeth said, as she put her wand away. "Before the two of you decide to give in to hormones."

Harry couldn't help but feel his face go warm, no doubt that his face may have gone red with embarrassment, and looked at Daphne to see that she too, had gone red with embarrassment. Recovering as best as they could, the two teens, walked behind Elizabeth, as they traverses through Diagon Alley towards Gringotts Bank. As they neared the Bank, Harry and the two Greengrass ladies came across none other, than Lucius Malfoy and his good-for-nothing son Draco Malfoy' the sights of which, made Harry's blood boil, and clenched his hands into fists. Fortunately, Harry was behind Elizabeth and Daphne, so Mr. Malfoy and his son couldn't see him, allowing him to observe what was going on until he decided to step in.