Chapter 7

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

"Parseltongue"

Writing/Reading

"YELLING"

Harry started with what happened in his First Year, explaining how the Philosopher's Stone was taken out of a vault at Gringotts by Hagrid on Dumbledore's orders and transferred to Hogwarts. How Harry met the Weasleys, and then Draco Malfoy for their rivalries to start. Harry moved on to talk of how the Sorting Hat put him into Gryffindor House, to how Ron and Hermione didn't start off on the right foot. How Harry, along with Ron, Hermione, and Neville were ticked by Malfoy into a midnight duel in which he instead told Filch and accidentally got in the Third Floor Corridor and came face to face with Fluffy the Cerberus, to the night of the troll during the Halloween Feast, and how Harry and Ron went to rescue Hermione from the troll and became the best of friends after that.

Harry went on to talk of his first Quidditch match and suspecting Snape being the one to jinx his broomstick and going after the Stone. He then talked about the obstacles that Dumbledore had the teachers set up to protect the Stone only for a trio of First Years to beat, to him finding out that it had been Professor Quirrel all along that was after the Philosopher's Stone, all so that Voldemort (which elicited sever shudders from the assorted dinner guests), who was on the back of the stuttering professor's head, could restore his body and full power. Harry then told them about how he had managed to stop Quirrelmort, simply by touching the man's skin and somehow burning the body by his touch, which Dumbledore later explained had to do with the protection given to Harry by his mother when she sacrificed herself to protect him from Voldemort as a baby. When Harry finished his tale of his First Year, everyone at the table looked at him in shock and horror, as they couldn't believe that this had been allowed to happen at Hogwarts. Growing up, they had all come to believe that there was nowhere safer than Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, but after hearing of Harry's First Year, they wondered if that was true anymore.

"Good Merlin, you mean to tell me that Dumbledore allowed all of that to happen," Elizabeth looked at her godson, fear and concern for him on her face. "And did nothing to stop it?"

"I figured the old man was daft at the Opening Feast," Blaise said, a contemplative look on his face. "But after hearing what you had to go through, I'm convinced that he is mad."

Harry looked at the dark-skinned wizard and tilted his head just slightly.

"If you had said that to me a year ago, I would've told you that you were wrong." He said, looking into the boy's onyx-colored eyes. "But now, I'm starting to think differently."

The group thought heavily on Harry's words to Blaise, as Daphne reached across the table to take hold of one of Harry's hands. Elizabeth and Cyrus smiled at the gesture, wishing that James and Lily could be here to see this gesture between their children. Cyrus then turned to look at the son of his childhood friend.

"Tell us about your second year Harry, please." He asked, concerned at what they would learn.

Nodding his head, Harry then moved on to talk about his Second Year and the Chamber of Secrets, of how he had been visited by a House Elf named Dobby who was imploring him to not go to Hogwarts due to impending danger, and how said House Elf had gotten Harry in trouble by performing Magic to drop a pudding on the wife of a business guest of his uncle's; which prompted an owl carrying a letter from the Ministry to inform Harry of a violation to the use of magic outside of school. This, in turn, made Vernon Dursley lock Harry in his room, with bars placed on his windows, and a cat flap being put on his door for meals until Ron and his brothers Fred and George came to rescue him from the Dursley's and spent the rest of the summer at the Burrow. How Harry went to Diagon Alley via Floo Powder only to not do a very good job and ended up in Borgin and Burke's in Knockturn Alley instead, where he saw Lucius Malfoy give some Dark artifacts away to avoid trouble with the Ministry. Harry then told of how he was found by Hagrid and taken to Flourish and Blotts where he met up with Hermione and the Weasleys, only to be pulled into a photo-taking with Lockhart and seeing Mr. Weasley and Mr. Malfoy get into a fistfight after Mr. Malfoy provoked Mr. Weasley into it.