B/7/

Three days had passed and Damon still hadn't stopped smiling. How could he. He'd been kissed, not once, but twice by the witch. By the woman he was falling in love with. He still couldn't believe that she'd kissed him and then allowed him to kiss her.

"Okay, what's with you?" Stefan asked his brother after he walked into the living area of their house to find his older sibling laying on the couch with his eyes closed but a smile on his lips.

Damon shook his head. "Nothing, brother."

"It's not nothing, brother. You've been smiling all day, every day, for the past few days," Stefan pointed out. "The last time I saw you smiling that much you'd fallen for Katherine."

Damon opened one eye and looked at his brother. "What are you saying, brother?"

Stefan moved towards him, grabbed his legs and threw them off the couch and flipped down. "I'm saying that if I didn't know any better, you were in love or close to falling." He stated as Damon sat all the way up on the couch.

Instead of denying his brothers assumption, an assumption he was one hundred percent right about, Damon said nothing. He found himself wanting to do something he hadn't wanted to do in a very long time and that was talk to his brother - honestly. He wanted to tell his brother everything - how he and Bonnie grew closer during their time in the other side, how he can't stop thinking about her, how every moment he spends with her he is at his happiest, how she makes him want to be and do better without asking him to, how she kissed him and how he was so deeply in love with her that he wished, more than anything in the world, that he were human so that he could grow old with her.

He knew he could trust Stefan not to tell anyone what he was about to tell him.

So, he finally did it. He told his brother the truth.

"You're right, Stefan," Damon said and turned to face his brother.

He watched Stefan's eyes widen. "I - I am?"

Damon nodded.

"You are."

"So, you're telling me that I'm right? You're admitting to me, right now, that you, Damon Salvatore, are in love or falling in love?" Stefan questioned, clearly shocked that Damon would admit to anything.

Damon can't help the smile that took shape of his lips. "Yes, I am admitting that I'm...in love...with Bonnie."

Stefan's eyes widened even more if possible. "You're in love with Bon - how the hell did that happen? When did it happen?"

"Calm down, Caroline," Damon chuckled as he stared at his now glaringly annoyed brother. "First, yes, I'm in love with Bonnie. Second, it started when we're on the other side. We grew on each other, became friends, and from there my feelings grew, I guess, into more. And Third, I didn't realize what felt was - ugh I sound like Caroline. I sound like a woman." Damon said as he shot up from his seat.

Stefan did as he did and followed him as he walked off and into the kitchen. "No, you don't. You sound like a man in love, now will you shut up and continue?"

Damon glared at him. "Rude."

"Damon."

"All right. Fine. I hadn't realized that I was in love with Bonnie until that following morning after the night she called out Elena and everyone else for their bullshit," Damon said as he leaned back against the counter. "I'd gone over to her place that night to check on her and we'd fallen asleep after talking for a while. That following morning, after a friendly spat about what an eternal stud I am, we got up and started breakfast. While we were cooking I found myself unable to look away from her..."