B/2/

Bonnie had received a text from Damon asking if she was okay. She'd assumed he'd heard all about the night before and was just checking in on her which didn't surprise her. After being forced to be around someone for two years, you tend to build some kind of relationship.

'I'm fine.' was her response.

Ten seconds later, he replied back.

'I'm coming over.'

Bonnie quickly replied back.

'Thats not necessary. I don't need a babysitter.'

'Too late. Invite me in, Bonbon.'

Bonnie turned her head and of course she could make out the outline of their blue eyed vampire at her front door. He took a breath and calmly crossed the room to the door and opened it.

"Why are you here, Damon?" She asked.

"What? Can't I come and check in on my favorite witch?" He asked.

"If you're here to ask for a favor that involves me using my powers, don't bother. I'm no longer available." She said.

He frowned. He'd never seen Bonnie so...cold before.

"I don't need anything from you, Bonnie. I just came by to check on my friend." He stated.

"Friend? We're friends, Damon?" She asked with her head cocked to the side.

"Of course we're friends, Bonbon. You don't spend two years with someone and not develop some kind of relationship." He stated.

"You're getting soft on me, Damon. The old Damon I knew never would have said anything remotely close to that." She stated. "He would have made some snide remark and smirked."

Damon shrugged. "If it makes you feel better, witch, I can do just that."

With a roll of her eyes, Bonnie turned her back to him. "Come in, Damon." She stated.

The sound of her front door closing let her know that he had entered the house. She walked into the kitchen, toward the freezer, and grabbed her bottle of bourbon before grabbing two glasses from the cupboard. She set them down onto the center counter and pour them a glass.

When she looked up from pouring them both a glass, she took notice to Damon staring at her with a thoughtful look on his face.

"What?" She asked as she lifted the glass toward him.

He took it from her, his fingers grazing hers in the process. His eyes widen slightly, for a quick moment, at the spark that seemed to ignite when they touched. He kept his eyes on her face wondering if she felt the same thing he just had. If she had she was damn good at keeping a straight face.

"Nothing. I was just - I'm worried about you, Bonbon." He stated.

Bonnie took a quick swallow of her bourbon before she walked back toward the living room with her glass in one hand and the bottle of bourbon in the other.

"Well, you shouldn't be. I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself. I don't need you, or the rest of the gang, concerning yourself about me." She said and flopped down on the couch.

Damon mimicked her actions and sat down on the other end of the couch but turned his frame to face her.

"I'm not with them, Bonbon. My concern for you goes beyond what reasons they are concerned about you." He stated honestly.

Bonnie raised a skeptic brow. "You do understand why I'm having a hard time believing you, right?" She asked. "

Damon took a deep breath. "I know that you and I haven't always gotten along,"

"Ever." She added.

Damon glared at her. "But we spent two years trapped together. Is it really shocking that we may have formed some kind of relationship while over there?" He asked.

Bonnie held his gaze for a moment and sighed. "Who would have thought that we, of all people, would have formed some kind of relationship." She chuckled.

Damon shrugged. "It's not that hard to believe. It was bound to happen," he smiled at her. "I'm like a fever you can't shake."

Bonnie scoffed.

"I highly doubt it. Had we both come back, had we not died and been forced together, this, whatever this is between us, never would have happened," she stated. "We would still be at each other's throat every chance we got."

Damon sighed. "Eh, maybe you're right."

"I am right."

After a moment of silence, Bonnie sighed. "Thank you."

Damon looked at her after taking a swallow of bourbon."For what?"

She swallowed. "For not hovering. And for being my - my friend."

Damon, hesitantly, reached over and patted her hand. "It's my pleasure, Bonbon."

Bonnie smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, too." He said suddenly.

"What for?"

"Well, for putting up with me for so long and for...for being my friend." He said softly.

Bonnie smiled. "It's been my pleasure."

And they both took a big swallow of bourbon before allowing the other to just sit and enjoy the silence.