V

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Five

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

After a few awkward moments of silence, Jay spoke up.

"Listen (Y.n), I know it'll take a while for you to trust us after the stuff we put you through, but us kids from the isle need to stick together."

Mal walked across the room, passing me with a slight shove as she went to close the blinds, "Let's close these. It's way too bright in here to talk evil."

"We need to know if we can trust you, (Y.n)." Mal started out, grabbing one of my things and playing around with it, "If we can't, then, of course, we can convince Godmother that you need to return to the isle, seeing as you are hurting so many people."

"I haven't even left my room yet," I argued, snatching my stuff from her and shoving it into a drawer, "What is it you're cautious about? I've never done anything to you. You guys are the ones who tormented me for years."

They all fell silent, Carlos looked down at his feet while Jay and Evie pretended to look around the room.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Mal argued.

I sighed and shook my head, "Of course, sure."

"Look we're trying to put the things we've done on the isle behind us. Coming here is like a fresh slate in some ways.." Jay spoke, nudging Evie who was next to him.

She nodded along, but something felt off. I noted to myself to see if I can get anything out of her about what was happening. If I am going to act like everything is okay while we are here then I better keep my guard up.

"Okay sure." I shrugged, "We should stick together against the 'royalty' anyways."

After that little awkward talk, they left me alone. Finally. I grabbed some of my coins that Godmother gave us, telling us we could go off to the market they have and buy anything we are missing. I shoved them into my rucksack bag, along with the stone and some other things I need. Like a weapon, just in case.

When I made my way out of the castle, I keep a lookout for anyone suspicious, or one of the Vk's following me. I was afraid they were to ambush me and leave me to die somewhere unknown, have been afraid of that since they first ganged up on me.

After what felt like hours of walking and turning in circles, I found the small street market. There were many things that looked so shiny that I had to resist the urge to snatch them. I wasn't on the island anymore and I have to act like I'm one of these people to stay here.

I reached a small booth at the end of the market, they were selling a variety of things, from swimming suits to necklaces. I took my stone out of my bag and walked over to the kind lady who was working the booth.

"Excuse me?" I started, gaining her attention, "Do you have anything that I could store this little stone in?"

The lady inspected my stone, even using a circular eyeglass thing to see it closer. She smiled and took a step back, digging through a toat that had been behind her.

"Here you go, dear." She smiled, handing over a chain with a little circular holder dangling off. 

I grabbed it lightly and opened the circle's clasp, placing the stone into the gap. I was honestly surprised that it had fit perfectly.

"How much do you want for this necklace?" I asked, going to dig out some coins for the woman.

"Oh no don't worry about it, dear. I believe that necklace was made especially for you and that beautiful stone. Just take it, it will bring you good fortune."

I smiled at her kindness, "Thank you so much."

I ended up also buying a swimsuit from the woman, giving her extra as a thank you for the necklace.

◖──────☛♡☚──────◗

I had rushed back into my room after buying the two items, the swimsuit shoved into my rucksack and my necklace clasped in my hand tightly.

"Hey wait." I heard as I rushed past the boys' room.

I swirled around and saw all four of them in the hall now, looking confused as I panted from the running.

"What are you running for?" Mal had asked, I shrugged and entered my room.

I locked the door to my small room and went over to the mirror, looking at my reflection as I clasped the necklace. A small bright light came from the stone as I realized that the necklace clasp has disappeared, leaving me no choice but to keep this on.

 A small bright light came from the stone as I realized that the necklace clasp has disappeared, leaving me no choice but to keep this on

I realized at this point that this necklace and the stone had something to do with my past. The woman must have known something I haven't yet figured out when she pulled this necklace out and just handed it over. Did she recognize me?

One of the VK's knocked on my door, forcing me out of the frozen state I was in to walk over and open the door for whoever it was.

To my surprise, It was Evie. And she held this guilty face as she handed over a basket of treats. I accepted them and let her in.

Something wasn't right.

.•° ✿ °•.

End

°•. ✿ .•°