VI

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter Six

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"What's up Evie?" I asked, setting down the basket of treats.

"I just wanted to apologize... again."

"Okay..? What's with the treats?"

"An apology. They're good actually. Here have a muffin." She urged, shoving a muffin in my hands.

"I'll eat it if you have half of mine," I argued. If she was to deny then something is wrong with these baked goods.

She looked conflicted for just a moment before breaking apart the muffin and handing me the other half. I watched her eat hers first before I took a small bite from mine. It tasted off. I forced myself to swallow the muffin piece and gave a fake smile.

"Who made these?" I asked.

"Mal-" She covered her mouth, "I was not supposed to say that."

"What did you put into the muffins?"

"I don't know, she didn't tell me in case this would happen but with my spewing words I guess it was a truth serum."

"What for?" I was about to ask for more information before my door burst open.

"Hey (Y.n) how're you?" Mal asked politely.

Jay smirked and walked over to me, wiggling his eyebrows, "You think I'm hot?"

"Ew gross." I coughed out, tossing the muffin back into the basket, "Why did you ruin all of these muffins for a stupid spell."

They exchanged glances before closing in on me, they shut the door behind them as I watched my worst fear starting to develop. I closed my eyes tightly, ready for my doom.

"If you guys are going to kill me then please do it quickly."

There was a pause as the air around us shifted. I couldn't tell if it was either a spell or just my fear making my back cold.

I opened my eyes, confused as all they were doing was staring at me.

"Are you afraid of us (Y.n)?" Evie asked, frowning at me.

"Yeah a bit." the stupid truth muffin made me say.

"Why?" Carlos asked, stepping closer, I stepped back.

"Of course, you guys play dumb." I scoffed, "You all tormented me for years at the isle, I never knew why. What was your problem with me?"

"You're friends with Uma." Mal deadpanned, "Hurting you would get to her."

I scoffed, grabbing my rucksack and pushing past the four.

I turned back to glare at Mal, "Just because I'm friends with her, doesn't mean you can assume I'm against you too."

I took my leave, hoping that whatever happened won't send me back to the isle. 

◖──────☛♡☚──────◗

I had wandered into the marketplace once again, waiting for the truth serum to show signs of it wearing off. I walked over to where I had bought my necklace, but whoever was in charge of the booth was gone. I grabbed hold of my necklace and looked around, I thought for a moment that everything was make-believe and I would wake up in my old bed anytime now, but feeling the cool stone inside the necklace assured me this was real.

I walked into an old shop, straight into the bathroom so I could change into swimwear that I had left in my bag, putting my regular clothes over top. I was determined to find somewhere to swim, to feel the water.

I walked my way back to where we first arrived, giving me a clear view of the isle. It looked depressing and colorless compared to everything that was behind me.

I kept going forward, around the edge of Auradons island until I found some sand, the waves pushing against the island softly.

I felt content when I was by the water, it felt like a safe place that no one could take from me.

With that thought I pulled off my clothes to reveal my swimsuit underneath, discarding the clothes on top of my bag. I slowly walked to the water, stopping just when my toes touched the waves.

The water was surprisingly warm, well as warm as it can get. I was always told the water that surrounded the isle was so cold you could get hypothermia by even touching it. 

I could tell now that it was a lie to keep the villains away from the border.

I went to take a step farther into the water when it parted, confusing me. I jumped to where there was water and it moved away again, frustrating me.

"I wanna feel the water," I whined to myself, hoping this was all a trick of my mind.

I stared off into the distance, watching the dolphins jump about and the fish swim through the clear water. My hand instinctively grabbed my stone and I realized it was cold, actually cold to the point where I shiver.

I decided to try out some things, if the water was being controlled by my necklace or an outside force, such as a spell Auradon has placed, then I was bound and determined to figure that out.

With one hand grasped around my necklace, I lifted my other and acted like I was pushing the water to the side, it unsteadily did so. I watched in surprise as it moved along with my hand.

It was unsteady, but I was sure that I could have some sort of power with water. 

So I wasn't Gothels daughter after all...

.•° ✿ °•.

End

°•. ✿ .•°