𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

Xander and Diana used to be best friends

Xander and Diana used to be best friends. For years, the two of them had been joint at the hip. So, what changed?

It was simple, miscommunication. Diana had begun to realize she had a crush on Xander, and because she was too scared to tell him, she wrote it on a note, and stuck it between the strings of a guitar he had been given a year ago.

The note had fallen into the hole on the guitar and Xander never saw it, but Diana didn't know that. She thought Xander had just seen her note and decided to ignore it because he didn't reciprocate the feelings. She tried to continue being friends with him. After all, she figured if he could act normal after she could too.

But she couldn't. She tried, and I mean she really tried, but she couldn't do it. She couldn't continue being his friend while feeling the way she did for him and thinking he didn't reciprocate the feelings.

So she pulled away from him. She told him that she just couldn't do it anymore and they stopped being friends.

Xander thought she did for no reason and was heartbroken.

The girl who had been his best friend for years was no longer interested in remaining his friends. He hated her for that.

Simple miscommunication had ruined what was a beautiful relationship. It was stupid, but worked like a charm.

They never forgot about each other though. No matter how many new people showed up to camp and no matter how many new friends they made, they knew no one could replace the other.

A couple years later, the Ross siblings showed up to camp and Xander began a relationship with the oldest sibling. Diana hated seeing them together. She hated watching how close they got and how much they seemed to care about each other. She wanted to hate Emma, but she couldn't.

Emma had quickly become Diana's new best friend, despite how different the two of them were. Emma began dragging Diana along to hang outs with all of her siblings and friends, and that included Xander.

It was odd to be so close to him again and have normal conversations, but she didn't hate it. Not one bit. Neither did he.

All of Xander's years of telling himself he hated Diana Taylor for abandoning him had gone out the window the second they started talking.

The two began to grow close again, almost as close as they were years ago.

This time, Xander was the one who started to like her. He felt horrible about it. He was in a relationship with Emma, and he was supposed to be happy about it, but Diana had made her way into his thoughts and didn't plan on leaving any time soon.

Things continued the way they used to for a while, until Xander found the note.