< Like a Shrimp (2) >

"Yerim? Didn't you contract to enter Haeyeon Guild?"

"Wasn't it preferentially, not no matter what? You revised it to that."

Yes, I certainly did. Yerim said in a sharp tone of voice.

I'll put the condition of ahjussi being my guardian in my contract with Haeyeon Guild. I saw on TV that even A-Ranks can put all sorts of supplementary conditions? Most of it seems like receiving items, but there was nothing that disallowed people?"

That was true but why exactly me... did she remember that it hadn't even been a day since we met? There shouldn't be any reason to be so stubborn. Was there perhaps a side effect to the Awakening?

"Um, first, calm down. There's no need to unnescessarily put that in the contract. Since appointing a guardian is your right, Yerim."

At my words, her expression loosened up a lot.

"Really? So I don't have to listen to Haeyeon Guild Leader?"

"It's like that. I just have to accept-."

"Hyung."

......This time it's you. I was wondering why he wasn't butting in.

"You have to decide carefully. It's not any rank, it's S-Rank. I've been through it so I know well, but if it's a young S-Rank, all sorts of bugs will come infest[1]. It'll probably be even worse because Bak Yerim-yang is 15 years old."

"Still, isn't it better than letting a S-Rank Awakened Person go? If she becomes affiliated with the guild, things like that will be covered to a certain extent. It'll be okay as long as Yerim doesn't ignore my opinions – she's not that bad of a kid...probably?"

"I'm a good kid."

Bak Yerim immediately answered. At the same time, she quickly came over to my side. It seemed like she would have grabbed my arm and pulled if she had only adjusted to her strength.

"It's because of my uncle's family, especially Bak Soochun that son of a bitch, that my personality became a little bad, I'm originally a good kid. When I was in elementary school, my teachers praised me a lot."

"...Then can you stand a little apart? Just one step, no two steps."

I was afraid she would thoughtlessly grab my arm in excitement. Even lightly pulling it would pull it out, probably. Bak Yerim obediently stepped back. And then looked at me expectantly.

That's right, you are a good kid.

Taking a deep breath, I turned back to my dongsaeng. Just how did I become like this between these two.

"If you're a guild leader, before anything, you have to think about catching an S-Rank. Why are you acting so prickly after being amazing all this time."

"If it's an S-Rank that can't control themselves properly, then it's worse than nothing."

"Hey, even if it's like that, it's a lot better to first catch them, and reap the rewards, and then transferring them."

"Transferring? You mean sending away to another place, right?"

Yerim came closer again. Can you please maintain a safe distance.

"If you act too unruly then that can happen. But you said you're a good kid. Then, there's no problem."

"You're right, I'm a good kid. I guess it won't be a problem."

As if she was trying to prove that she was a good kid, she stepped back again. That's right, please stay there obediently.

"Above all, like I said earlier, the problem of a guardian is between me and Yerim. As a guild leader, you can give advice at least, but consider interference past that as something excessive."