Chapter 2-Why would he like me?

Four's POV
Something is bothering Tris, and I don't know what. Does she not like me? Is she breaking up with me? I start to get nervous as we near the apartment. Tris's eyes start to look more alert. What's going on?

Tris POV
I start to worry about my fear. What if Tobias forces me to get over it? He would never do that, right? I still don't think he likes me, who would? I have the body of a 12 year old! I'm not at all pretty! As we near the apartment, I feel my fear getting worse by the second.

We arrive at his apartment, apartment 46, and he unlocks the door.

He opens the door for me and I step inside. After he closes the door he slips off his jacket and his shoes. I look around the apartment and remember the time he rescued me from Peter, Drew and Al. The night I stayed there, I started to realize I might be falling for him. The smell of his pillow- sweat, soap and wind- only convinced me more.

I slip off my shoes and turn over to Tobias. He has a worried look on his face. Is start to think he's breaking up with me but then he asks me, "Tris what's wrong? I can tell you're hiding something."

My face turns a light shade of red so I look down and cross my arms in front of me.
He walks toward me and takes my face in his hands and lifts my face up to his eyes. I get lost in those blue orbs. For a second all of reality drifts away. But I'm brought back by his worried expression which turns into concern.

I don't know how to say it so I just blurt it out. "You were in my fear landscape." I say quietly.

His look of concern turns into hurt and he drops his hands from my face. He steps back and says, "What? You- you're afraid of me?" He asks. His eyes look hurt and his jaw looks clenched with anger. His expression makes me feel like he's upset that I have this fear. Like he wish I didn't... like he wants me only for sex.

"No-not you, anyone, being with anyone," I stutter.

"What? What do you mean?" He asks, he doesn't seem as angry anymore.
"Umm-well..." I stutter.

His look of confusion turns into realization.
"Tris, you know I would never do anything to hurt you! I wouldn't force you to do anything like that! This is all new for me too, I've never been in a relationship before." He says.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes," he replies and scratches the back of his neck, he looks nervous.

"Tris, I think I might be in love with you. I'm waiting until I know for sure to tell you though," he admits with a smile at the end.
He loves me?! Why would he?

"That's sensible of you, maybe we should make a graph or chart or something to make sure," I say. "But I already know. I love you too." I reply. "But, how could you love me? I look like I'm 12-" I start to worry.

"Tris, you're the most beautiful girl I have ever met. To me you're perfect. You're brave, strong, smart, selfless, beautiful and so caring. I love you with all my heart Tris."
I'm lost for words, so I just kiss him. He kisses back with just as much love. My arms go around his neck and his around my waist. He tugs me closer so there's no room in between us. We kiss forever, and I love it. I don't feel scared, I feel loved.

Authors note: I'll post everyday, but this is it for tonight! Thank you for over 16 reads already! It seems so crazy to me! Please comment!

Thanks! 🎀🐸