3

"How have you been, sister?"

"Everything is good, Jake. I didn't know you were coming here yourself."

"I couldn't wait for you to come home, so I came myself."

"Well, why don't we go inside and rest, and later head out?"

Deruth was standing back and wasn't in their eyesight. He just went back to his after Jake got out of the carriage. He did not want to talk to him right now. For the rest of the people of the county, they did not know that Countess had a brother, they didn't know much about her in the first place. Jour was very mysterious so maybe that's why they thought her family was dead. Even now they don't know about the Thames family or recognize the crest on the carriages.

Jake and Jour are seen sitting in the guest room.

"Sister, why did you decide to divorce him? You never gave me the reason."

"Well, finding out that he cheated on me and has another kid, gave me a reason to divorce him, among other things."

Jake gets up from where he is sitting and started walking toward the door with a pretty angry expression.

"Where are you going, Jake?"

"Punching him in the face sounds pretty nice right now."

"You can't just punch people in the face."

"Why aren't you angry? Mad or something? It's a pretty big deal, and how old is the kid?"

"Who says I'm not angry? I am angry and disappointed, that's why I signed those divorce papers. And I believe he is 5."

"Oh hell Nah, you know what sister, let's leave right now. I don't want to stay here a minute longer, otherwise, I might punch him."

"We will leave after eating breakfast tomorrow morning."

"Just wait until mother and father find out, I didn't tell them anything other than that you and Cale are coming."

"Yup, that's gonna be an interesting conversation."

"Where is Cale, I didn't get to talk to him much."

"I think he is in the garden, you guys will have a lot of time to talk and get close."

"It's not bad to get a head start."

As Jake is walking towards the garden, Jour goes back to her room. She got reminded of the time before her marriage when she told her family that she wanted to marry Deruth. She loved Deruth at that time. Her family loved her but they weren't really happy with her choice of partner. It wasn't like that they didn't support her but they just didn't like Deruth. I guess they were right about not liking him. Now all she can do is laugh about it. It wasn't like she hated it, she got Cale because of the marriage, but that was the only good thing left except for the good memories from earlier years of their marriage.

Next Day~

Jour, Jake, and Cale are seen sitting in the dining room to eat breakfast, they are all smiling and talking while waiting for the count. Jake and Cale did get close yesterday and Jour was very happy about it, her baby was finally smiling. She knew it must have been hard for him for the past few days. Forget days, the past couple of lives but she decided that she was going to make his life happier from this point on.

Deruth finally showed up after some time. Jake insisted on starting before he showed up, but unfortunately, his sister insisted on following the rules since he was a guest. Deruth and Jake did avoid each other yesterday mostly because Jake wanted to punch his face.

They all started to eat breakfast without talking to each other and finished their breakfast in silence.

"Sister and Cale, why don't you guys go in the garden and wait for me there?"

Jour did give him a glare as a warning before leaving with Cale.

"I would very much like to punch you for what you did but sister would kill me for that."

Deruth stayed silent.

"You know our family never liked you, we only agreed because sister was happy with you. My sister deserved so much better than you. Just know you will not be allowed back in her life ever again."

With that Jake left Deruth alone in the room and left for the garden.

~

They were gathered around the carriages. Some people of the county were also gathered outside the gates, they were all wondering what was going to happen next.

All of their stuff was already loaded in the carriages, all that was left was getting in the carriages. Some servants were also standing outside the mansion to say goodbye to their countess and young master, some even with wet eyes.

Jour did say some encouragement to them and thank you for taking care of her and Cale before getting in the carriage with Cale. Ron and Beacrox got in the second carriage as well because they are going with Jour and Cale. Deruth did not come to see them off. Soon the carriages started pulling out and going towards the county gates. 

Only Cale, Ron, and Beacrox did not know how long they are going to travel or where they are going.