CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

OFF TO VARANASI

NIRJALA's DIARY

CHAPTER 2

I was send to Varanasi with my uncle with nothing but a set of dress and a pack of slipper, I did not complain. On the train when my uncle asked me why suddenly this decision I told him everything. He acknowledged the fact that I was tortured. When we reached Varanasi he told my grandmother what pains I underwent by my stepmom and how I was ignored by dad.

My uncle, aunt, cousins as well as my grandmother pitied me, I could directly see in their eyes. In Varanasi we had ancestral land where we cultivated because we basically were farmers, hence I worked and worked like donkey in the fields. Here at least I was treated better than how I was treated in my father's home.my cousins were my best friends. We chatted, joked, gossiped while working. I enjoyed their company. Yes I was scolded by my aunts and uncles but my grandmother secretly provided me everything. I was happy here that I could tell. We would go to the village fairs where my grandmother would secretly give me money to spend. But every good thing comes to an end and hence this period also came to an end.

This started with my younger cousin Reena getting a marriage proposal, I was 16 that time and she was 15 .this news reached my father that my younger cousin is getting married and he was invited to her marriage. This caused a pressure to my father and he suddenly realized he had a daughter.

It was a period in Indian era when father thought of their daughters a burden and there burden would be removed when they would marry her to someone. Same thought was possessed by my father.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR's NOTE

WHAT DO YOU THINK WHAT IS NIRJALA's FATHER THOUGHTS?

HOW WILL THESE THINGS AFFECT NIRJALA's LIFE? 

STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT AND DO VOTE.