•Chapter 16•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

•memories you've shared•

TW : Violence, Slight gore

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

You arrived at the final selection early as there was no other person in sight except the two children at the front. If your calculations are correct it was about 4 am now, as you've been counting the hours of your travel.

Your legs weren't that tired at all, just a bit of cramps but it was manageable. You were tired from using your power to travel at the time a certain twins are just the right age to host a final selection but you managed.

You nodded at the two children as a greeting, walking upto them casually to show no ill intent.

"Welcome to the final selection miss. But we are afraid to inform you that you've arrived way too early as the final selection starts at night." they said as you waved them off knowingly, walking towards them casually.

"Oh i know that was on purpose, I just came here early to ask you two of a favor." you said nonchalantly as they tilted their head, wondering what your favor might be.

You pulled out an envelope from your sleeve as you handed it to the small Kiriya. He looked at it quizzically as Kanata held a knowing look.

"If i am correct, do you perhaps wants us to give this to our father?" she politely asked as Kiriya caught on and straightened his posture to look up to you.

You nodded as you stood nonchalantly with your hand on your hip. "It's a very important matter so if it's alright can you do it for me?" you asked as the two children looked at each other before looking back at you with doubtful expressions despite their smiles still resting on their face.

You sighed as you reached into your pockets and pulled out a bag filled with candies and chocolates, handing it to Kanata as it was her turn to look at it quizzically.

She blinked as she sniffed the bag a little bit, she perked up at the familiar scent.

You stared at her expectantly, knowing full well what the answer was gonna be because you traveled to this time for a reason, the reason being the fact that these two were younger and easier to "persuade"

Kanata looked back at you, her mouth agape before looking at Kiriya and nodding. Kiriya nodded back as he put the envelope in his kimono sleeve. They looked back at you with the same smiles as they bowed politely.

"we shall hand your letter to our father." they said in unison as Kiriya raised his head, blinking at his sister who was still bowing.

"Thank you for the sweets as well, We shall share it with each other." Kanata said as you lightly chuckled at the child with a sweat drop.

"It's nothing really, thank you for the favor as well. I shall be taking my leave, I'll be back tonight." you said as you started walking away without looking back, you heard them bid their farewells behind you as you waved your hand in acknowledgement.

'I wonder what they were doing out here so early' you thought as you continued to make your way to a nearby village, hiding your blade underneath your long haori to avoid any misunderstandings.