Chapter 1

A delicate butterfly soared over an expansive ocean, its fragile wings carrying it with a sense of urgency toward the approaching landmass. The landscape that unfolded below was a lush, vibrant green, dotted with apple trees laden with ripe fruit, but the butterfly had no time to admire the scenery – its priestess was in trouble.

As the butterfly soared higher above the land, open fields gave way to imposing rocky cliffs, the rugged terrain providing a stark contrast to the ocean's serenity. It continued its journey until it reached a tranquil meadow. There, a young girl with distinct lavender hair was playing among the flowers, unaware of the impending crisis. The butterfly descended, circling the girl frantically.

The girl jumped, her gaze widening in surprise. "Oh my! Where did you come from?" she exclaimed, her curiosity overcoming her initial fear. "Why, you are the most unusual butterfly I have ever seen!"

As her outstretched hand made contact with the butterfly, a blinding flash of light transported her to a frigid, snow-covered cliff. Snowflakes fell in droves, obscuring her vision. She stumbled to her knees as the world changed beneath her very feet, the snow cushioning her fall.

A weak, trembling voice broke through her confusion, the sudden sound sending fear down her spine. A few feet in front of her lay a woman draped in white robes. The golden accents and the woman's fiery red hair were the only visible objects in this snow. But even through the falling snow, the woman's injuries stood out against the flurry of white.

The girl's nerves grew taut, a gnawing uncertainty gnashing at her. Was she dreaming? She couldn't recall going to sleep. "Who are you?"

The injured woman's breathing grew weaker, her gaze seeming to implore the girl as her strength waned. "P-Please... We must return through the portal..." she pleaded, her voice almost inaudible.

"Portal?" The girl's lavender gaze darted around, scanning for clues amidst the desolate landscape. A faint, ethereal glow caught her eye, revealing a vague circular pattern etched into the ground.

"It will take us back..." the woman whispered, her eyelids drooping with the struggle to remain conscious.

Although her teeth were chattering from the cold, the girl knelt down, straining to lift the injured woman. She guided the woman towards the glowing circle, her thin spring dress doing little to protect her from the elements.

The moment that her feet touched the portal, it whisked her back to the vibrant meadow. Thankfully, the portal had transported the woman with her as well.

"Pa!" she cried out, spotting her father from afar. "Pa, come quickly!"

Her father rushed to her side, alarm etched onto his face. His gaze shifted to the wounded woman, his features darkening as he assessed her injuries. "Who is this woman?"

"I don't know, Daddy, but she's hurt."

The injured woman stirred, barely conscious. "Tailor...? Is that you? I have come... It is time..."

Brow furrowed, Rhen cast uncertain glances between the mysterious woman and her father. How could this stranger know her father's name? "Daddy, do you know her?"

Her father offered no answer to her question, instead declaring, "I must take her back to the cottage."

He cradled the injured woman and began making his way toward their village. Rhen followed a few paces behind him.

"Hello, Rhen!" A cheerful voice broke her reverie as one of the village boys, Danny, greeted her. He wore a bright smile, his teeth gleaming in the sunlight as he waved.

Rhen blushed and waved back, her heart still racing from the recent events. "Hi, Danny," she greeted him, distracted by her worry for the mysterious woman.