01

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺⌝❜❛⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

⁶⁴ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳ ᵈʳᵃᵍᵒⁿˢ | 'ᵈⁱˢᶜᵒᵛᵉʳʸ'

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺⌝❜❛⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

      The clock was moving at an unbelievably slow pace.

      Tick . . . . Tock . . . .

      Tick . . . .

      Cassia looked up at the clock in the classroom again, internally sighing.  It hadn't even been a minute since she last checked the time.  Frustration built up inside of her as she wondered just how much longer she had to sit in her classroom until the boring class was finally over.

      Tick . . . .

      Tock . . . .

      The boy sitting in front of her suddenly stood up, immediately catching her attention and causing her to glance about the room.  Had the teacher asked a question?

      'Rhys?'  The teacher gestured toward him, giving the boy permission to speak.

      'The Firehawk guild hadn't followed proper protocol,' he responded, his words snapping Cassia back into reality.  That's right, Mrs. Grafton had been talking about the Deer Cross Tragedy.  Memories of the monotonous voice of the audio book they had been listening to just 20 minutes ago started trickling into her mind again, like little droplets of water falling down a windowsill after it had just finished raining.

      'That is one reason,' the teacher responded with approval, then her eyes scanned the rest of the class in search of someone else to respond to her question.  'What else went wrong that day?'  She locked eyes with Cassia for a few seconds, before turning to look at a different girl who stood up.

      'The sonar they were using failed to spot the second dragon?' the girl responded, although doubting her answer.

      Mrs. Grafton smiled.  'You are also correct, Alyssia.'  The girl gave a small sigh of relief before sitting back down, adjusting her blazer before continuing to stare at her desk.  'Anyone else?'