02

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺⌝❜❛⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚

'ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵉᵗʳᵒ'

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺⌝❜❛⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

      'Cass, braid my hair.'

      'No.  Pay me.'

      'I don't have money.'

      Cassia raised her gaze from her anatomy textbook to lock eyes with her sister, thoroughly confused by this statement.  'What about your allowance?' she asked, tapping her fingers against the open pages detailing the bone structure of amphipteres.  Jay stood at the door to her room dressed in her uniform, prepared for school besides her messy dark hair.  Cassia had already readied herself to leave as well, but was attempting to cram in more knowledge on dragon anatomy before her exam.

      'I'm saving it,' Jay responded, frowning.  Cassia mimicked her expression, scrutinising the girl.

      'Saving for what?' she asked, watching carefully as Jay stepped into her room and approached her desk.

      'For an AniTron,' her younger sister replied, as if this were the most obvious answer in the world.  She stared at the pages of her open anatomy book in disgust, forming a deal to appease her sister in her brain.  'Braid my hair and I'll make you a bracelet.'

      At this, Cassia sighed, pushing herself away from her desk and turning in her seat to face her sister.  'Deal.'  She was tired of studying, anyway.  Jay moved to sit in front of her and she started parting her younger sister's hair.  'What kind of AniTron?'

      'A dragon one,' the girl mused, shifting the way she sat on the floor in search of a more comfortable position.  She had realised that Cassia did a better job braiding her hair when she was sitting down rather than when she opted to just stay standing, so Jay decided that sitting on the floor was a better option as it would provide her with better results in exchange for less comfort.

      'Why a dragon?'  Cassia asked, sectioning off Jay's dark hair and starting with the left side of her head.  She had expected Jay to want a cat, as she had been begging their parents for one as a pet for the last year or so after someone from her school had their parents bring the cat to the school parking lot so they could show off the animal to other jealous primary students.

      'Because it can fly.'  Before Cassia could register that statement the young girl suddenly turned her head to stare at her older sister directly, her typical frown resting on her features.  'But don't brain my hair all the way, only to the bottom of my head, and then I want the rest in a ponytail.'

      Cassia raised her eyebrows, nodding in response to her instructions.  'Very specific.'  Jay gave her one final look to make sure she understood what was required of her before turning once again to stare at the bookshelf and allow Cassia to continue the braiding process.  'But I thought you liked Dutch braids.'

      'Not anymore,' Jay quickly responded, slightly shaking her head.  'All the mean girls wear Dutch braids now and I don't want to look like them.  They smell funny.'

      'So do you.'

      The reaction she provoked from her sister regarding that statement was instantaneous.  'No, I smell like lilacs because that's what my conditioner smells like.  You smell like you don't know how to take a shower.'