3

This book is getting more attention than I thought it would, lol. This chapter is kinda short, but nevertheless, enjoy❤️

Megumi

As I looked at the gigantic creature standing at the door of the classroom, surrounded already by a gazillion starry-eyed girls and a few dozen eager-to-impress guys, all I thought in my head was:

Fuck.

What the absolute fuck.

I watched tensely as Sukuna's eyes roved over his pack of devoted fans, dull and rather uninterested, skimmed around the class and finally came to rest on me.

I jumped.

He was staring right at me.

'What is he doing here?' Nobara sounded disgusted.

'I cannot believe-' Yuuji looked as though he were about to have a seizure any moment- 'I cannot believe Ryoumen Sukuna- the Ryoumen Sukuna- is in our class this year- I just cannot!'

Megumi opened his mouth to make a snarky remark in response, but found himself curiously lacking speech for once. Maybe it was because it really was pretty unbelievable- and maybe it was because Sukuna was still looking at him. It wasn't a look of anger, not even hate- Sukuna actually seemed glad to see him. Though Megumi wasn't sure if it was in a good way or a bad way- the very, very tiny smirk that had appeared at the corner of Sukuna's lip as he caught sight  of him made him uneasy.

He curled his fists into tight balls by his sides. What was he getting so bothered for, anyway? How did it matter if Sukuna was in Megumi's class, after all? They didn't even move in the same social circles, they'd barely even interact with each other. There was nothing to get so worked up about. Nothing at all.

Unless-

'Think he's gonna take out some sort of revenge on you for what you did to him today morning?' Nobara said into his ear.

Megumi froze momentarily, but he only let out a dry chuckle. 'I don't think he will. And even if he does, why would I care? He can't do shit to me.'

'You sure about that, dumbass?' Yuuji hissed. Megumi noted with alarm- as did his two other friends- that Sukuna was now directly walking towards them- and consequently him.

'He's coming towards us,' Nobara said, in a low voice.

'You done fucked up really bad, Megumi,' Yuuji whispered, and this did not calm Megumi's raging nerves in the slightest.

Sukuna was still coming in his direction, and despite all his attempts to put up a brave, unaffected front, Megumi could feel his pulse quicken, his breathing accelerate. He tried his best to look elsewhere, anywhere else but at Sukuna- but the guy was huge. It was impossible not to look at him.

And now this large, magnificent beast was heading right at him. It was a most unpleasant situation.

But Megumi was Megumi. An unofficial badass who didn't give two shits about people like Sukuna. Someone who could hold his own.

Or so he thought.

'We meet again, Fushigoro Megumi,' Sukuna's deep voice rumbled, close to his ear.

Megumi took a deep breath and forced himself to look at the imposing figure standing before him, his near-empty bag still swinging from his huge, muscular shoulder, tattoos omnipresent and a mocking smile imprinted on his most annoyingly handsome face.

He vaguely caught a glimpse of Nobara and Yuuji, although Sukuna's broad frame blocked most of the view. Yuuji was on his tippy-toes, staring at Sukuna with wide eyes, looking scared but determined; Nobara's fists were raised in fighting stance. It made Megumi feel a little better: at least his friends were there to stick up for him if Sukuna did try anything.

'Yeah....' he tried to keep his voice normal, not really meeting Sukuna's gaze as he answered. 'And by the way, while we're at it, could you please not call me by my full name every time we meet? Just Megumi is fine.'

Behind Sukuna, Yuuji shook his head frantically. Megumi ignored him, growing bolder as he stared directly up at Sukuna, who was still smirking down at him in his terribly irritating way.

'Any particular business you had with me, Sukuna?' His voice was louder now.

He registered an unusual hush falling over the class- everybody seemed to be watching them, eagerly scanning their interaction for signs of tension, of possible conflict. It made him sick- and at the same time, euphoric. It was confusing, horribly so.

Sukuna took a long time to speak. When he did, the words were slow and drawled out.

'No,' he bent down to Megumi's level, taking his lower lip between his teeth and letting it out with a 'pop' as he spoke. 'Not yet.'

And with a devilish grin, he moved on- and plopped his stuff right down on the seat behind Megumi's.

The class erupted into noise once more. People began flocking around Sukuna, asking him questions and begging for photographs. It got so crowded Megumi could only just manage to wriggle into the seat behind his own desk- and as he did so, he felt a large hand descend on his shoulder, squeezing it with an unnecessary amount of force that nearly made him yelp.

He whipped his head around, and saw Sukuna, a curious glint in his eyes as he smiled and bared his teeth at Megumi. He was about to scoff, or say something short and irritable- but Sukuna's next few words made his blood run cold.

'I'm going to enjoy sitting in the same classroom as you, Megumi.'

Gimme

C

O

M

M

E

N

T

S