11

'Why on earth would you be dying to know something like that?' Yuuji's eyes were as round as buttons.

'I'm not dying to know, okay!' Megumi said, crossly. 'I'm just curious. It's very natural to be-'

'What are you guys jabbering on about?' Nobara plopped her stuff down next to them and ruffled the two's hair, much to their annoyance. Her cheeks were unusually pink, they noticed.

'You're in a good mood,' Megumi said, observing her. 'What's up?'

'Well,' Nobara blushed a bright red, 'I may or may not have asked Maki-san out on a dinner date with me next Sunday.'

'Whooo-hoo!' the other two hooted, and Nobara hissed at them to keep their voices down. 'Way to go, good old Nobs!'

'Well, it's not technically a date, per se,' Nobara shrugged. 'Since we're both on the fencing team, and I'm pretty much a rookie still- I asked her if she'd like to meet over dinner and share how she got so good at it, maybe give some tips. Told her I was aiming for The National Fencing Academy in Tokyo. Which is a whole lot of bull, but hey. At least I get to have loads of watermelon and stare at Maki-san's face for a full two hours. A most enjoyable time if you ask me.'

'Please don't embarrass yourself in front of Maki-san by stuffing your insides with watermelon all dinner,' Yuuji groaned. 'And also, speaking of dates- seems like Megumi here is also planning to go on a few, judging by the kind of questions he's asking.'

'A date? With who?' Nobara swiveled around to look at Megumi so fast she almost cricked her neck. 'Who is this magical mystery person who has enamoured you so, Megumi?'

'I told you, I'm not going on a date with anyone,' Megumi sighed. 'I was just curious-'

'As to what degree of gay Ryoumen Sukuna was,' Yuuji finished for him. 'Translation: how much Sukuna exactly liked shoving it up the ass.'

'Hey, that is not-!' Megumi started, but Nobara shushed him. 'I'm curious too, honestly. How gay is he really?'

'It's like I told you,' Yuuji shook his head. 'He's like the straightest guy ever. He's screwed more girls in the school than any of us losers have combined.'

'That doesn't make him straight,' Nobara pointed out, and for some reason Megumi felt like kissing her. 

'I don't see why you're so desperate to make him out as gay, both of you,' Yuuji said, impatiently. 'I mean, look at his face. Look at those muscles. Look at all that masculine energy just dripping out of him. Nobody who looked like that could ever be gay.'

'Being a bit stereotypical there, aren't you?' Nobara scoffed. She turned to look at Megumi. 'What's brought this on, by the way?'

'Nothing!' Megumi shook his head vigorously, hoping the other two couldn't see his face going red. 'Nothing, nothing at all. It's just...I mean, during coaching, he....he just gave off that vibe, you know. I mean...you know?'

He raised his head slowly to find the other two staring at him with incredulous expressions.

'Are you saying...' Nobara started, slowly, 'that-'

'Ryoumen Sukuna has a crush on you?' Yuuji threw his head back and laughed raucously. 'Goodness, Megumi. Seriously, how far gone are you?'

'I did NOT say that!' Megumi banged his fist down on the desk, making the others jump. 'I just...I'm just saying I got that vibe from him, okay? Not saying he was into me or anything- just the way he...you know...he....'

'You're not getting anywhere with this, Megumi,' Nobara frowned at him. 'What did he do exactly?'

'Well, I don't remember exactly, okay?' Megumi said, sounding frustrated. 'It's just- some of the things he said, and did- and the way he stared.'

'You mean he eye-fucked you?' 

'Nobara!'

'You're a dunce, Megumi,' Yuuji glared at him. 'There's absolutely no fucking way someone like Sukuna would ever like you- other than the fact he's straight, I'm pretty sure if he even were into guys, you would not be his ideal type, like ever.'

Megumi looked at Yuuji. He had no idea why his words hurt as much as they did- but they did, somehow.

'Ouch.' Nobara commented. 'That's not very nice, Yuuji.'

'I'm just saying!' Yuuji said hastily, noticing the hurt look in Megumi's eyes. 'Not that there's anything wrong with our Megumi- he's a brilliant guy. It's just...Sukuna's type seems like a tall, muscular, well-built guy- just like him. Someone who's great at athletics. Someone powerful and domineering.'

'Yeah...' Megumi said slowly, Yuuji's words sinking into him like stones in quicksand, dull and heavy. 'Yeah, I think you're right. I'm just being stupid.'

Mr Ijichi came in right then, and the students jumped back to work with a noisy scrambling of desks and clatter of shoes, the three of them included. Megumi stared down at his maths homework. He had lots left to complete, but somehow, just somehow, homework wasn't the first and foremost thing on his mind. Unlike it had always been.

Yuuji's words were.

He's right, Megumi. He told himself. There's no way someone like Ryoumen Sukuna would ever be into someone like you. Ever.

Besides, he's not even gay.

...and neither are you.

Or....are you?