13

hey 😉

TW: very loud and unnecessary use of the f-word (lmao)

No one's P.O.V

'That's it?' Sukuna threw his flaming pink head back, his expression one of mild annoyance and frustration. 'That's all you had to ask me? When our next practice session was going to be?'

'Well, should I not have?' Megumi asked irritably, scowling as he stood over the sports captain. 'How else was I supposed to know when to show up? And what else could I have asked you anyway?'

'I don't know.' Sukuna slowly got to his feet, yawning, immediately towering over Megumi as he did so. There was a wicked look in his eye. 'Something a little less tame, maybe.'

'Oh yeah? Like what?' Megumi shot back.

Sukuna smirked and brought his face abruptly close to Megumi's, making the latter flinch. 'Wouldn't you just love to know?'

'Love to know what?' A large hand descended onto Megumi's shoulder- Yuuji's. He wasn't even looking at Megumi as he spoke, withering gaze directed at Sukuna as he asked, in a voice more cutting than Megumi had ever heard it be. 'What would Megumi love to know, Sukuna?'

'It's really nothing, Yuuji-' Megumi started, but Sukuna cut him off.

'I was just telling Megumi here,' Sukuna returned Yuuji's searing gaze with a lazy, mocking one, 'about a few tad bit more...insinuating questions his cute little self could possibly ask me.'

'Oh yeah? And what may those be?' The weight of Yuuji's hand on Megumi's shoulder seemed to have gotten unnecessarily heavy- his grip rather tight, almost possessive, making Megumi wince.

'I don't know,' Sukuna walked a few steps closer to the two, squaring up to Yuuji. Their eyes bored into each other's, and the air between them seemed to crackle with a strange, unspeakable tension- they were both playing casual, talking as if they were nothing more than a pair of frat bros- but it was most definitely there. And Megumi for the life of him could not fathom the reason why.

'Why don't you ask your best friend Megumi here?' Sukuna's gaze returned to Megumi. The vaguely antagonistic look in his eyes had disappeared, replaced by the goading, mischievous one he usually employed with Megumi. There it was again- the signature smirk, the devilish grin. 'I'm afraid I have to be off now- got important stuff to go deal with. Nice talk, Yorozu Itachi, was it? And I'll see you on Sunday 5 pm at my place, Megumi.'

And with that he was off, strolling down the corridor with hands in his pockets, whistling one of his mocking little tunes. Megumi stared after him, momentarily speechless before the words left his lips in no louder than a mumble. 'But I'm not free Sunday-'

'That asshole!' Yuuji barked out, suddenly, making Megumi jump. He turned around and smacked Yuuji across the face, feeling extremely cross for some reason. 'Why the fuck did you have to go and butt in while I was talking to him?'

'Wait, what the fuck?' Yuuji swivelled round and glared at Megumi, his expression a mixture of incredulity and anger. 'You're actually blaming me for butting in? He was clearly about to bully the crap out of you. He was like inches close to your face- it was lucky I stepped in when I did.'

'That's just the fucking way he talks!' Megumi glared back. 'And yes, you did butt in. You're always butting in- do you think I can't fucking take care of myself? Coming in with all those unnecessary remarks and all that alpha male type shit, why the fuck do you have to stick your nose into everything I do?'

'Oh my god. Oh my fucking god. Are you even serious right now? You little fucker.' Megumi had seen Yuuji flare up lots of times before, but this time Yuuji was angry- truly angry. He glowered at Megumi, not just rage but searing hurt in his eyes.

'I can't believe you'd stick up for that humungous asshole over me.'

'No, you little fucker, I'm not sticking up for him- fucking WAIT!' But Yuuji was already stomping around on his heel, and gone.

Megumi leaned against the wall of the empty corridor and dropped his head into his hands. How had a normal conversation spiralled so out of control? Why the fuck was Yuuji being so fucking dramatic? This was so very unlike him. Where was the Yuuji who used to gloat for hours about Sukuna's athletic- and sexual- prowess, and simp over him twenty-four seven?  He, Megumi, had admittedly not been on his best behaviour either- he ought not have to snapped at Yuuji that way- maybe Sukuna really was changing him for the worse?

'Well, well. Hello there, little Megumi,' a sultry voice spoke into his ear, jerking him violently out of his train of thoughts . Why the fuck was everybody out to catch him off-guard today?

'Mai-san!'

'I see you had a little disagreement with your boyfriend there,' the tall and lissome captain of the school shooting team smiled at him, though it resembled more a sneer as she twirled a piece of her magnificent black hair between her long fingers.

Megumi stuttered. Was it Sukuna she was talking about? 'Mai-san...he and I, we're not dating, I-'

'Oh, you're not?' Her eyes widened, but there was a certain shrewdness to them, a certain fakeness to her thin-lipped smile. 'That's such a pity. I'd always thought Yuuji was your boyfriend, with how close he seemed to stick to you. Like a leech, almost. Well, if that isn't the case- I'll be off then, I suppose.'

And with that she was gone as well, leaving Megumi completely flummoxed, head reeling. He'd thought she'd been talking about Sukuna- but Yuuji? Yuuji? Where in the ever-loving fuck had that come from?

Mai giggled a little to herself as she skipped down the corridor, heading towards the school shooting range. 'That ought to shake 'em up a little bit.' She stopped, a glitter in her eye as she spoke to herself. The smile had vanished from her face, replaced by a grim, hard look- rigid and resentful and determined. 'I will have down with you, Maki. In my own time. Just you wait.'

have y'all been reading the manga? my man gege's been cooking some real wild shit😭😭