Chapter 6

The hustle and bustle of the marketplace provided you and Marc enough cover to blend in with the locals as you both walked towards your place of operation for how ever long you would be here. Your hair was tied away from your face to prevent it sticking against your skin as the hot Cairo sun beamed down on you both.

Your stomach growled a little as you caught scent of the street food being sold just mere feet away from you. The exotic scents tantalising you and perhaps you would indulge yourself after a nap and a shower once you were in the shade of your hotel room. Marc hadn't spoken to you since you both boarded the plane he hadn't explained anything you had no clue as to where you were going or what you would be doing.

Marc knew better than to tell you anything he wasn't going to cave like Steven did and give you that second chance. He hoped that Steven would be okay the next time he fronted and sees you, unclear on how he could react Marc decided to try and stay in control for a while. This mission was much to important to allow distractions.

Your feet were starting to throb from how long you had been standing. The hotel was a few more minutes away and with Marc stopping ever couple of seconds to talk to someone he thought might have some information you might never get there.

Marc had called up in advance to book the rooms and told the employee over the phone he would be staying for a while so his payment would cover those days. The outside of the hotel wasn't anything spectacular but still impressive enough for you to admire. You walked inside after Marc and stood there in lobby while he went off to do his thing with the receptionist. He turned and finally spoke to you.

"Stay here I'll come get you."

He ordered and walked out the room. You rolled your eyes but did as he told you. The hotel lobby was bathed in golden light like a kiss from Ra himself was blessing this room. The large crystal chandelier that hung perfectly in the middle of the lobby was glistening and casting rainbow reflections on certain parts of the walls and furniture. You dropped your bag off of your shoulder and it hit the floor beside you with a loud thud.

The time it took to pack was minimised due to you already living out of boxes and it got you into Marc's good books even if by a little. The lobby, as grand as it looked, was still small and what it lacked in size it made up for with decor. The walls had patterns etched into the stone that ran in borders across the top and bottom perfectly parallel to one another.

A few posters with tours and other tourist propaganda filled the barren space left in the middle, they seemed dated and you doubted they still stuck to these dates and times.

Your eyes drifted again then a man you assumed, from his smart clothes and how he was arguing with Marc, to be the manager entered the almost empty lobby minus you and the receptionist. The raised voices quieted down as the argument had seemingly ended.

"No refunds. I'm sorry Mr Spector but we can't do anything about it for a few days until a new room comes available"

The manager sighed and clasped his hands in front of him. Marc's eye twitched and he groaned with annoyance the manager took that as a sign of acceptance and bowed his head a little before he walked past you and out the exit. You bent down to pick up your bag and walked up to Marc who was gritting his teeth. You shifted the strap of your bag over your shoulder before speaking your voice a little quieter than usual.

"What's the matter?"

You weren't expecting an answer from the man as he turned and walked back up the stairs you had seen him disappear up just moments ago. You were just trying to make this less horrific and more tolerable given the unknown time limit you would be spending with him. He came to a stop outside what you assumed would be your room but when he didn't leave you gave him a confused glance.