Chapter 5

His phone vibrated in his pocket, and so did Sapnap's. Karl stopped, pulling it out. His eyes widened in horror, noticing who it was from. He practically almost fainted again at the message...

__________
Dream 🙄🤮
Come to Kinoko! I've got a surprise for you 😊
__________

Sapnap looked up at Karl, fear visible in his eyes.

Oh god.

-

"Sapnap... I'm scared." His heart pounded in his chest.

"It's okay Karl-"

"It's not! What about Kinoko?!" Karl yelled, burying his head in his hands. His palms were sweaty and warm against his pale face.

"Hello?" A voice called from behind them, and Karl's hands dropped from his face. Not him.

"Quackity?" Sapnap said.

Karl's eyebrows furrowed. "What do you want?"

"I- I got the message..." Quackity started. "I thought I'd check on you... do you want me to come with you?"

"No. Let's go, Sapnap-"

"Wait, Quackity-" Sapnap interrupted. Karl stared at him, frowning.

"I- I mean... I could just go if... if you don't want me to," Quackity stuttered.

"Yes, please go," Karl said, grabbing Sapnap's hand and walking away in the direction of Kinoko before he could say anything.

-

Almost the entire server was at Kinoko now. At this point, Karl was nibbling at his nails, stressing, as Sapnap went around trying to find Dream.

George stood in a corner, heart pounding in his chest as he looked around, not knowing what to do.

Suddenly, a familiar voice was heard from above Karl and George's house. All eyes snapped towards it.

"Oh, I see you've all come to witness this surprise, then!"

Sapnap sprinted to Karl's side, squinting up to make out Dream despite the flaming sun right behind his frame.

"This historic event," Dream said, tone low, teeth gritted. He smirked. An evil smirk. The type that would send shivers down your spine.

"I have laid..." Dream'a gaze slowly turned to Wilbur for a second. "...30 stacks of TNT..." Karl's heart pounded. Everyone's heart pounded. "...under Kinoko." Dream's smirk was coated with bitterness. The sun behind him slowly lowered.

"You're..." Tommy muttered, breathily, "you're insane."

Dream's gaze landed on Tommy, and he chuckled. "I know." He paused. The smirk plastered on his face slowly faded. "I'm not. He is." He looked away.

"What?" Tommy asked.

Karl had noticed Sapnap's disappearance, and was now looking around trying to find him.

"Who's 'he'?" Tommy continued.

Karl's eyes caught sight of Sapnap. He was heading into the house Dream was on, presumably to stop him.

"He's not me." Dream chuckled. A weak chuckle. A weak chuckle?? This was Dream...

Dream's nails dug into his palms, his sense coming back to him. "I- no one, Tommy. Forget it," Dream's hand reached for the button. "I'm blowing up Kinoko-"

"WAIT!" A voice cried out from behind him. Karl gasped.

Sapnap stood behind him, clutching onto a netherite sword.

"Stop right there, Dream." He panted. "Or I'll... I'll stab."

Dream turned towards him, and laughed. "Do it, then."

Sapnap tried swallowing, but his throat was dry. He gripped onto the sword harder. "Dream, I'll actually do it."

"Do it," Dream rasped. "Let's see you do it." He held his arms out, as if he wanted it.

"Dream."

"Do it." Dream whispered, gritting his teeth.

"STOP!" Another voice came from behind them. Both males turned to face him.

George stood gazing at them both, despair filled his dark brown pupils. Karl appeared behind him shortly after.

"Please, just- stop."

Sapnap lowered his sword. A fire churned in Dream's chest.

-

It had been years. It had been years, yet he still hadn't escaped. It had been years, every day spent in a gruesome pit, unable to do anything but watch his life shred into pieces. The life he had been in control of. The life he was meant to be in control of.

It had just been a normal day, when he showed up.

And if it weren't for him, everything would've been fine. Him.

A nightmare.

Nightmare.