Chapter 7

Sapnap ran towards Dream, holding his sword out. Dream dodged."You're too predictable," he murmured as Sapnap fell to the ground.

He pulled Dream's leg, and Dream fell over next to him. Sapnap quickly scrambled to his feet and held out his sword at Dream.

With a swift movement, Dream threw the sword out of Sapnap's hand, the metal clanking on the ground as he got up with his own.

Sapnap held his hands up, but quickly slid past Dream and picked his sword back up, before managing to push Dream back with it.

Dream blocked with his own sword, but Sapnap kept pushing. Eventually, Dream's back hit a wall. Sapnap kept pushing, a grin forming on his face.

Dream suddenly pushed back, and Sapnap fell to the ground. He knocked on the floor three times, signaling defeat, and Dream put the sword down, holding his hand out to his friend.

"I almost had you!" Sapnap said, taking Dream's hand.

"You've improved," Dream chuckled, impressed.

Clapping was heard from the side of the room.

"That was great!" George exclaimed.

"It's your turn now, Georgie," Sapnap chuckled. He knows he doesn't like it when he calls him that, but when Dream says it, it's fine. Of course it is.

George rolls his eyes. "I can't fight. I'll go get you some water, you're probably thirsty."

The two watched as George got up and left.

Dream sat cross-legged on the soft grass, and Sapnap joined him. The two gazed up at the sapphire blue sky. It was calm. Peaceful.

Sapnap looked at Dream. "Brothers?" he had asked.

Dream smiled. "Forever, man."

-

His eyes slowly opened. It was blurry at first, but got clearer as he blinked. A stinging pain emerged from his abdomen, causing him to look down. A searing scar was found on his delicate skin. He looked around, trying to figure out where he was. Dream quickly recognized the construction he lay in. The Community House.

Wait- his eyes widened. Did- did it work? Am I- He raised his hand up to observe it. It was translucent, you can slightly see through it. Am I a ghost?

"Oh my god," Dream muttered. "I'm back in control!" He laughed. "I did it!"

It felt... strange. The last time he had been able to fully control himself was ages ago. Years. Was it years? It had felt like decades. He traced the pads of his fingers along the ancient wood of the Community House floor. "This is real..."

A sudden thought rushed through his mind. "What happened to Nightmare? Is he still out there?"

"Nightmare?" Dream's head snapped to the sudden voice.

Tommy stood in the doorway of the Community House. His eyes scanned Dream coldly. It sent shivers down his spine. Dream looked down.

"Who's Nightmare?" Tommy continued, not taking his eyes off of Dream.

Dream laughed. Not an evil laugh, nor a cheerful one, but a rather weak and pathetic laugh.

He felt bad. He didn't know how to explain to Tommy that it wasn't him that had done all those terrible, heartless things. He never wanted to. He would never want to. It was the last thing he would rather do.

"Tommy," he started. "Listen, man, I'm sorry. I-"

"What do you want me to do? Revive you?" Tommy scoffed.

Dream shut his eyes. "I'm genuinely sorry, Tommy. Can we talk?"

He opened his eyes to Tommy looking directly back at him. His expression was unreadable. A mix of hatred, tiredness, and anxiety. He didn't blame him. In fact, Tommy had all the right in the world to hate him right now.

"I don't trust you."

Dream's expression softened. A warm smile formed on his face.

He didn't know what, but something about Dream's glistening green eyes made Tommy feel different this time; His heart rate decreased, his gaze softened. He had always despised the emerald green glow of his eyes, but something about Dream this time gave him the feeling that he could be trusted.

Tommy sighed. "Okay... follow me."

-

A/N

Heyyyy... so... I started writing this story before the tragic news that I'm sure we've all heard about...

So I've decided to stop writing about Techno because it makes me feel sad and it just doesn't feel right... sorry.

Rest In Peace, Legend. You will always be in our hearts. Technoblade never dies. ❤️🕊

"So long nerds"
Alexander 'Technoblade' 1999 - 2022