Chapter Fifteen

My phone died, so I have no earthly idea what time it is. Shane and I survived another night, having heart to heart conversations and having sex. I never felt passion like that before. I ran my hand through my hair and smiled at him.

"I'm in definite need of a shower." I admitted.

"Me too." Shane replied. "I don't think the snow will melt enough to make it down. It was too dark to get started when it did, but it had to snow last night. We might have to call Francesca."

"And tell her what when she asked why we stayed."

"For life experience."

"What about us?"

"What do you mean?"

"What's our label when we see society again? Friends, partners or friends with benefits?"

Shane grinned. "You'd be game with friends with benefits?"

I smiled. "Yes."

"Me too."

"Let's do it."

We ran to each other, hugged and kissed. Maybe doing this will help me get over Parker, but he knows my feelings and still is game for this. I'm not going to stress it. After kissing a few minutes, he pulled back.

"Mmm. I'm going to miss all this time with you."

I put my finger on his nose. "Yoy can always climb in my bedroom window."

He grinned. "Oh my God. You're amazing, Tara. This weekend has been the best."

"I agree. Let's go home. I need to soak in the shower."

He nodded. "Me too."

Shane took out his phone, powered it on and called Francesca. His battery is at ten percent.

"Hello?" She greeted.

"Hey Fran. Can you get the snow plow and come rescue me and Tara?"

"Rescue? Where are you guys? Is that why nobody had heard from you two all weekend?"

"At the castle. My phone is dying and we're out of food. Come get us."

"I'm leaving Nick's and I'll be there."

"Okay. So an hour?"

"Yes."

"Phone is dying!"

He held down the power button, spinning in a circle on the way down. I couldn't help but laugh. He landed on the floor right as his phone shut off.

"You know what we could do with an hour?" Shane asked.

I nodded. No words needed to be spoken as we explored each other's bodies and had lustful sex with me on top one last time before Francesca came riding up, laying on the horn. Before we walked out the door, Shane grabbed my hand and put his finger to his lips.

"Our little secret."

I nodded. "Okay."

We let go of each other's hands and ran out to Francesca. She shut off the engine, took off her backpack and handed us both two Thermos containers.

"The bigger one has chicken soup, the smaller one has hot chocolate, and I have peanut butter and banana sandwiches so you have something with substance." Francesca explained while handing us everything.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"How did you two goofballs get stuck up here?"

"We both came up here Friday and found each other." I shrugged and Shane nodded.