Chapter 4: Smile (Part 4)

My nervousness washed away as I ran up to him, "Law!" He froze as I jumped on him, but he caught me. I smiled at him as I hugged him, "Happy Birthday!" I blink surprised by his bright red cheeks. I backed away and tilted my head, "Law, you ok?" Corazon jumped off the horse, "He's fine. He's just not used to interactions." I pout softly, "I've known you for four years!" He sighs shakily and looks at me, "... Thanks Iris-ya..." 

I grin and offer my hand, "Let's g-..." I stood next to him, "... Did you grow taller?" I compare our heights, "... You're like a foot taller than me now..." He leans down, "Yup!~ I'm much taller than you now!~" I puff my cheek, "I-I'll be taller than you when I'm older!" He chuckles and strokes my hair, "We'll see about that... I still have a few years to grow..." I huffed and grabbed his hand, "I'm letting you off the hook because it's your birthday!"

I blushed softly as he intertwined our fingers. I look away, "I... I made a few things for you... I hope you like them." He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb, "... I know I'll love them." I hide my face in my scarf, "... You've become bolder Law..." He raised a brow, but smiled at my bright red ears, "That so?... Hate it?" I look down then shake my head before smiling up at him, "I'm happy you're comfortable around me!" He smiled softly, but stayed quiet. 

I looked in front as Ace, Sabo, Luffy, and Zoro were waiting for us. I pull him gently, "After greeting them, close your eyes, ok?" He raised a brow, but nodded. The four of them greeted him, but Ace crossed his arms, "Alright Tora-o! We worked really hard on this, s-" He fell to the ground as I slapped him in the back of the head. "Shut up! At least wait till he sees it!"

He rubbed the back of his head and got up, "What the hell was that for?!" I puffed my cheek and crossed my arms, "You're gonna ruin it! Come on!" I turned to Law, who was just confused. I giggle and take his hands, "... Close your eyes, ok?..." He huffed a chuckle and compiled as I led him inside. I whispered to them, "You ready?" He chuckled as I whispered to open them. He looked up surprised as we yelled, "Happy fifteenth birthday Trafalgar/Tora-o/Law!"

He stood there dumbfounded, so I held his hands again and grinned, "Come on! L-" I flushed a bright red as he pulled me into a hug and whispered, "Thanks... I love it..." I grinned and hugged him back, "I'm glad! Come on! It's just begun!" He huffed as he smiled at me dragging him to the end of the table. He looked even more surprised as he saw his favorite dishes. He smiled, "... Thank you..." I giggle as they start teasing him about his smile and his embarrassment.

I sat next to him as we ate and everyone talked. I hopped up and walked over to Zeff as he brought in the dessert. I grabbed a clear cup with pudding, nuts, and berries. I placed it in front of him, "I made this especially for you. Zeff helped me pour ingredients, but everything else is made by me!" I applied my mana and words appeared on the cup, "Happy Birthday Law!" He smiled again, but blinked as I placed a candle on it. "There you go, birthday boy! Time for the song!"

He flushed a bright red as we began singing him the happy birthday song. I smile softly at the end, "Make a wish..." He closed his eyes for a moment then blew the candle, so we clapped and we began passing out the dessert. Law licked his lips after the first bite, "This is really good..." I smile and blush softly, "I'm glad! I tried hard to come up with an alternative that you would like that isn't too sweet..."

I flushed a bright red as he smiled and whispered, "I love it." I looked away and hid in my scarf as he chuckled at me again. We looked up as he was handed presents next. "Mine's last!" Those four worked together and got him a mana capture crystal. It could hold up to three pictures and if you took another the first one would disappear. Shanks and Makino got him a few books that he would enjoy. Garp, Anthoni, and Corazon got him a Nodachi that adjusted to the size of the wielder.

Just as I wanted I saw a wide smile at my gifts. "... They're special... You can know their properties once you wear them or you can get them appraised..." He looked at his dad, "Could you put them in for me?" I blushed again as he said, "Two on each ear..." I asked, "W-why right now?" He tilted his head and smirked, "Why n-" He froze as the first one punctured. He covered his face with his hand, "Are these... Pure mana crystals?..." I blush lightly and nod, "... You know what they do now, right?... Pure mana crystals allow someone's presence to be more profound than regular mana crystals..." 

I tilt my head as he stands up, "Law?" He brought me into a deep hug, so I nuzzled him and hugged him back. I flinched as I felt a wet feeling drip for a moment. I stroked his back, "Are you crying? Are you upset?..." He whispered shakily, "... I'm... Really happy... Thank you..." I grin, "I'm glad..." Shanks huffed, but smiled as Law spoke up a little shaky, "Thank you... For the party and presents... I really... I really like them..."

I giggle and whisper, "Looks like Law does know how to express his feelings, huh?" He huffed, but froze and pulled away as Sabo teased, "Even Tora-o can be a crybaby!" He glared, "... Should I show you who's a cry baby again? Who was it that cried when he lost his hat?" He flushed brightly, "I-I-I did not!" He smirked, "You sure?~" He backed up as we laughed softly at him.