Chapter 16: Shattering (Part 1)

Whenever I reached my room I saw my things were picked up and put on the desk neatly. I walked over and ran my hand across it as I soon sat down. I pulled out my needle and some fabric as I began on my dress for the party in two days. It was a black dress with a slit on the right side that would reach up to my mid-thigh. The sleeves would be thin and tight long off-the-shoulder sleeves. It was a v-neck and the back would have an oval opening. The dress would have blue, white, and pink sparkle like glitter as the sleeves would be made of netted lace and have a loop for my middle finger.

I could only make the outline of the dress before I was too tired. Gengi went into his human form and helped me into the bath as he began massaging my arms and legs. I looked at him, "... Gengi... Why do you do things a maid servant would do? You should relax in the bath too or even take a bath yourself." He smiled, "Because you being relaxed, relaxes me. You can do these things on your own, but you're too stressed. As your familiar, it's not inappropriate for me to help you."

I looked up and closed my eyes as I relaxed at his massage, "You never have to do something you don't want to... Keep that in mind, ok?..." He whispered as he began massaging my neck, "Of course." After I was completely relaxed, I got dressed in my nightgown then slipped into my bed. Gengi curled on the pillow next to me in his small feral form. I nuzzled into the pillow and whispered, "Good night Gengi..." He smiled. Sweet dreams Iri.

~~~~~~~~~~

I took a sharp inhale as I felt a small shake. My eyes shot open and I teared up as Aunt Makino stroked my cheek, "Come on now. It's time to wake up." I cupped her hand and smiled, "... I'm up now..." She helped me stand up as she led me to the closet, "What should you wear today?" I hummed softly and looked through my closet before grabbing a dress and making my way to the bathroom. I set my clothes on the counter, but froze as I saw her in robes and blood dripping down her mouth as she asked, "Why?"

I coughed as she stabbed a dagger into my back, "Out of everyone... It had to be you. I have to kill you, for Art. My precious boy, that's more important than anyone." I looked up as I saw Sylvar taking a shot. I held out my hand, but Mikeal and Minori held me back. I screamed out to him, "Wait!" My eyes widened at her gaze and she fell with an arrow in her chest. I shot up and screamed, "No!"

~~~~~~~~~~

I looked around as I held my chest and breathed heavily. Gengi got into my lap and nuzzled my hand, so I laid down and began petting him. "... What time is it?" He nuzzled closer. Four in the morning. Go back to sleep. I closed my eyes as I hugged him, "Alright..." I managed to fall asleep about thirty minutes later.

~~~~~~~~~~

I looked up sleepily as I felt Gengi licking my cheek. Time to get up. You'll miss breakfast. I nodded sleepily as I got up, but tripped as I noticed the difference in height of my bed here and the carriage. I sat up as Mikeal knocked then walked in, "Iri! Get your ass up and g-..." He snorted and started laughing as I was getting up off the floor. He shivered and sprinted for the door as I smiled at him. I dashed to him and went in front of him, "Andersan Lee Mikeal! Let me kill you today!" He dodged it, "Iri! Calm down, ok?! It's not that serious!"

He dodged again as I went to kick, but he groaned as he was kicked back a few feet. I went to punch him again, but stopped as Shanks, Yassop, and Ben came sprinting over. I tilted my head, but looked at Mikeal as he was sneaking away. I dashed at him and elbowed his back and yelled, "Where do you think you're going?!" He fell and hit the ground, so I sat on his back and pulled his legs again. "I-Iri! That hurts!" I glared at him, "What's so funny then?!" He hit the ground harder, "Nothing! Nothing's funny, so get off me!" I glared and pulled more as he yelled, "You're heavy!"

He yelled, "Come on! I'll break! I take it back! I take it back!" I let him go and huffed as I got up. He laid on the ground groaning as I puffed my cheek, "I'm perfectly healthy th-" I looked up to see Shanks covering me in his jacket then picking me up. I yelped and held on, but flinched as he sighed, "Iri... You can't run around the halls in your nightgown, especially since it's a spaghetti strap and so short." I flushed a bright red and covered myself more as he carried me to my room.

He sat me down, "Breakfast will be done soon, so get dressed and Iri..." He looked down, "... I know that you might not like it, but... Unless you're training or going to town... Please dress as a noble... I know it's uncomfortable, but..." I looked away, "... Alright... I'll make some dresses, so I need some things then..." He nodded as I held out my ring and handed him a few papers, "Find someone who can make this. I call it a sewing machine. It'll make it go faster. I also wrote down materials I need for different dresses and then some shoes that I want."

He took it and nodded, "I'll give you your breakfast here, so you can work on your clothes. As long as you cover up they can hang out with you in your room." I walked to my closet, "... I need that machine before tomorrow afternoon..." He was silent for a moment before sighing, "I'll do my best." He then shut the door as I stripped down and got dressed in my tank top and tight pants before putting my hair up in a ponytail. I tied my bow and slipped on my crown before moving to my couch. I set all the materials on the coffee table and began making daily dresses that I would wear.

I looked up as I heard a knock then Mikeal and Minori walked in. Mikeal sat next to me as Minori brought my chair over and sat down. I looked at them then continued making my dress as I asked, "How is it in the life of royalty?" He leaned back, "Pretty boring..." Minori huffed, "You have access to a lot of things, but... This place is too big for my liking." I giggled as I looked up at Gengi, "Can you go tell Uncle Shanks that they want to take basic etiquette and dancing classes?" He nodded and hopped off as Mikeal and Minori glared, "Why the hell would we want to learn that?" I smirked, "You'll see at the ball."

I talked with them as I made my dress for tomorrow then enough for each day of the week as Mikeal and Minori were dragged off. Meals were brought to my room as I literally spent all day making dresses for myself. Not just any dresses though, but fortified and magical dresses. I also made Mikeal and Minori nobel, but comfortable clothes.