twelve.

I literally hate Gym with a damn passion. In fact, I don't think I've ever hated something so much in my life, and I was pretty disgusted with Chanel's Fall line. But Gym class really tops the list.

"Ella, keep up!" My teacher screams at me as I desperately try and dodge balls flying past me. We were playing some kind of multi sport game that I do not understand at all, and no one is even trying to help me. Instead, they put me onto the court and expected me to do something other than stand there and scream.

"What are we even doing?" I shriek, dodging a tennis ball that flies right by my head.

"Somebody help the girl. Please."

"You know, I have rights and this activity is highly violating those rights and-" I dodge another ball. "And I do not think that in this day in age I should be-" I dodge another ball. "Lowering myself to a position where I .... AHH!" I hide my head just as a basketball hits my arm.

"Heads up!" I peek out from behind my throbbing arm and see Ashton cheekily grinning at me. He winks before running off towards the hoop and successfully shooting the ball in.

I just glare at him, unamused. Which is really my usual look that I give him.

I decide to sit this game out, and the rest of the games to come, and take a seat on the bench to the side. Because I had no exercise gear I was forced to wear some second hand shorts and one of Ashton's shirts, and I was near gagging. I just wanted this period to be over.

"Hey, Ella, you okay?" Calum rushes over to me, his hair dripping with sweat and his face bright red. He sits down beside me and sprinkles water all over his face, panting heavily.

I move away from him a bit and try to not let myself smell his sweat, which is really quite overwhelming. "I hate Gym," I mumble.

He just laughs. "I kind of figured. Why did you choose this class then?"

I scowl at him. "I didn't!" I cry. "I'm literally forced to be in here."

"Really?" He looks confused. "They just put you in here?"

"Unfortunately."

"Well, that sucks. Especially if you don't enjoy it."

I just groan.

"Calum, you're up!" A voice yells and Calum leaps to his feet.

"Gotta go. I'll see you at lunch, yeah?" Before I can reply he's sprinting back into the game and getting right back into it. I can tell he's an absolute sports and exercise fanatic, especially soccer. He moves around the court, kicking the ball and dodging all opponents. How can someone possibly be that athletic?

"Ella, get back in there!" The teacher screams again. I've come to realise that she doesn't not ever scream. She scares the living shit out of me. "I didn't give you permission to sit down! This aint no resting home!"