NINETEEN. all the things you said

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          ━━ THE WINTER SOLDIER FELL UNCONSCIOUS AFTER DELIVERING THE PAINFUL BLOW. The bullet lodged itself in Xiomara's knee, which was unprotected by the bulletproof material that made up her vest. The woman's knees buckled, Xiomara falling to the ground as the rest of the S.H.I.E.L.D agents stormed the room with their guns in hand. "Don't shoot! Just get the other agents, I'll handle Centeno!" Nat yelled at them, her voice cracking with stress.

Her co-workers had no other option but to comply. Jimmy and Monica were the first to meet Fury, Maria Rambeau, and the other kidnapped agents. Nat bent down, placing her body's weight on her healthy leg. "Hey, hey, don't panic. You're gonna be ok." She promised, nodding as Xiomara rolled her eyes.

"Nat, I'm fine. It's just a bullet to the knee. It's not a vital organ or anythi-" She paused and stared at Nat's glassy eyes. "Nat, are you- are you crying?"

"No." The Russian redhead retaliated, helping Xiomara to her feet. This was a slow ordeal, considering that both agents were injured. They limped towards the stairs, but ended up using Dominic and Clint as balances. Xiomara's arm was wrapped around Dominic's shoulder as Clint carried Nat in his arms. "You don't have to carry me." She argued with crossed arms.

"Yeah, because a red, swollen ankle screams 'I'm ready to walk!'" Clint snickered. "But Jesus Christ, they gave you guys a run for your money, huh?"

"Not they, he." Xiomara corrected as they hurried to the van.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk as we scramble for our lives!" Dominic glanced behind him to see Jimmy helping the last couple of agents up the stairs. They were still stirring, which was why Jimmy needed to be careful with them. "Spears is right. This entire place is laced with bombs. We gotta hurry!" Jimmy agreed as Clint and Dominic lifted the women into the van. Once everyone was safe, sound, and secure, they zoomed off.

"Well, I think it's time to light their shit up." Tony turned around to face the agents behind him. "Any smart remarks or witty zingers before we do?"

"I hope they like fireworks." Dominic concluded, reaching forward and pressing the button hologram. The center behind them exploded, fiery debris flying through the air. The agents crowded the windows, watching as the destructive orange flower finally blossomed.

"Do you think that Winter Soldier guy exploded too, Nat?" Xiomara looked at the redhead.

"Blown to smithereens." She replied coolly, her eyes locked on the eruption that commenced on the other side of the glass.

"Uh, Xi? Not to ruin your moment, but, uh, your knee is green." Maria looked down at the woman's knee. When Xiomara went to examine her injury, sure enough, a green glow emerged from the entry site.