TWENTY FIVE. in sickness and in health...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          ━━ "YOU EXCITED?"

"Yeah, time to let doctors hack my knee up." Xiomara joked. The next day had come around, and she spoke with her visitor with sarcasm in her tone. "I love it."

"I can tell..." The redhead trailed off. "Are you- are you ok? You look hot."

"And that's a bad thing because...?"

"No, I mean temperature-wise. You're really sweaty and pale." The back of Nat's hand made contact with Xiomara's forehead. "You're burning up. Does anything hurt?"

"I mean, no... I feel weaker than normal, but I'm in a hospital. It's bound to happen." She shrugged, her exterior calm and collected. This would've worked better if Nat hadn't noticed Xiomara's breathing. It seemed to be a struggle, the woman's chest rising higher than normal.

"You're not ok, are you?" Nat's face fell as she sped into the hallway. She managed to find a doctor who could figure out what was going on. "She's hot and sweaty, she can't breath, and she said she felt weaker than normal." Nat explained to the doctor as the two reentered. When Dr. Cho looked at her, Xiomara gave her a tight-lipped smile.

"Hi." She greeted.

"Oh, no, Agent! What else do you feel?" She removed her stethoscope, pressing the cold, silver metal onto her chest. She listened to the woman's heartbeat carefully, which seemed to beat quite fast.

"A little nauseous, but I assumed it was anxiety. I hate hospitals." She explained, but paused when the doctor's eyes widened. "Why? Is it not anxiety?"

"Far from it," Dr. Cho confirmed before stepping into the hallway. Her voice became muffled as she spoke to a few nurses, which didn't sooth Xiomara's fear. "Let's get some cefepime and cilastatin, stat."

"What's going on?" Nat's strong exterior was beginning to break. She didn't bother to hide her natural voice, so the Russian accent began to slip through the cracks. Her shoulders tensed up as well, which was never a good sign of calmness.

"I think it's sepsis. Infection in the bloodstream." She explained before looking to Xiomara. "We have to run a few tests to make sure, but I'm nearly sure that it's sepsis."

Nurses rushed into the room, Nat moving out of the way. "Do what you need to do, just... just... can you keep me updated?" She requested, tightly folding her arms. "We will, Agent." Dr. Cho promised as Xiomara's bed was pushed out of the room.

"I'll be fine, Nat." The hospitalized woman promised with a tired smile. "I swear it."

"You better."

━━━━━━━━