TWENTY SEVEN. professor xiomara

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          ━━ "I GUESS THE LAWS OF PHYSICS DON'T APPLY HERE." Tony stared at the knife, which was suspended in mid-air. Apart from that, no one said anything else. No one could say anything else. Watching a weapon float in the air wasn't an everyday occurrence, after all.

Nat stared at the sharp blade, reaching out to poke it. Her pointer finger tapped on the handle a couple of times and was surprised to find that nothing happened. She looked back to her girlfriend and found that Xiomara's hand was still extended towards the weapon.

"Wait." She wrapped her hand around Xiomara's wrist before leading it around slowly. Nat lowered the woman's wrist before looking back to the knife. The weapon lowered, seemingly following Xiomara's open hand. "How are you doing that?" She whispered, the brunette woman allowing to hand to fall to her side. The knife hit the ground, clattering.

"I just created Professor X... well, technically, Professor Xi..." Tony gasped, Xiomara glaring at him. She managed to see a glass of water on the counter behind him, which caused a smirk to flicker onto her face. Stretching out her hand, the cup floated across the room before reaching her hand. She observed the cup before refocusing on Tony.

I hope this is cold.

Before he could get out another witty comment, the water from the cup was sent running into his face. He spat out the liquid before rubbing his eyes, the water beginning to irritate them. He muttered obscenities under his breath, blinking the water away. Xiomara stared at the man, trying to process the thoughts that ran rapidly in her head.

She looked down at her hands before letting her eyes fall on Nat, who was visibly bothered. Her already-pale skin was nearly green with anxiety, and her stoic mask was beginning to crack. Xiomara couldn't get a word out before Nat sped out of the room, leaving an uncomfortable tension behind. "Since when could she do that?" She heard Jimmy whisper into Clint's ear.

"Since now." He responded hesitantly as the two watched Xiomara face Tony.

"If you ever, and I mean ever, say anything like to my girlfriend again, I will personally see to it that you never breathe again." Her voice dropped to a threatening whisper. With that, Xiomara used her crutches to exit, making her way to the elevator. When the woman got to the correct floor, her instinct took her to Nat's closed door. "Nat?" She whispered into the door. "Nat, can I come in?"

Nothing.

"I- Nat, I'm coming in." She announced decidedly, the doorknob turning. She entered to find Nat sitting on the bed, staring out of the window. Xiomara approached her, the woman standing in front of the redhead. Nat had been lost in space, her eyes glossed over with tears. She let her crutches fall to the ground as she sat beside the woman. "Do you- do you want me to leave?"