The Lesser Of Two Evils

I watch Sheriff get dressed with a wide grin plastered on my face. He's getting ready for a date and he's nervous. I think I'm more excited because I've not seen him out on a date ever since Stiles' Mom died.

He fumbled with his hair groaning. "Oh, I should've got a haircut."

"Well, you know someone your age should be happy you still have hair to cut," Stiles commented and his dad gave him an annoyed look.

"I think you look great," Scott smiled encouragingly.

"Well, thank you, son, I should have had," Sheriff replied and Stiles' mouth dropped.

I laughed standing next to Stiles. "Being less favourite over McCall. Story of your life." I click my tongue while shaking my head in fake disappointment. 

"Story of ours," he corrected and I was about to argue back until I realised he was right.

If Stiles, Scott and I were sat in a room and our guardians were asked to pick a favourite they wouldn't hesitate to choose Scott.

Except for Melissa, I'm sure she loves me more than no-logic and spaz.

I looked at Scott in a threatening way. "I say we behead him and feed his head to all his enemies."

"Maybe we should just let him spend a day with Peter," Stiles whispered.

I dramatically gasped causing Scott and Sheriff to face us in confusion. We both were smiling like idiots.

I apologised lightly pushing Stiles while doing so. "Sorry. I was just shocked at how great you look." I held my thumbs up and Stiles laughed folding his arms.

Everything fell silent again while the Sheriff played with his hair in frustration.

I was more so observing if Stiles was happy with this. He mentioned knowing his dad taking his wedding ring off. I asked him how he felt and he only mentioned it felt weird.

It does. I remember when I realised my Dad took his off. It was around the moment before I left for France before Junior year began. I thought he was dating someone but he denied it immediately.

He told me he was at a stage in life where he was happy I was the only woman in his life and he doesn't need a flimsy ring to prove he still loves my Mom.

He also mentioned that she would be laughing at him for thinking wearing a ring would keep me happy.

I love my Dad, even if I annoy him to unnecessary levels. Or even when we don't speak because it feels better. It's a complicated relationship and one my mom would be able to make easier.

Or at least that's what he says but he doesn't love me less for us being a mess.

It's the Jenson way.

"Oh, what the hell am I doing?" Sheriff immediately begins to run a hand through his hair. "This is a terrible idea."

Stiles rushed to stop him. "What, Dad?
Dad, it's one date, okay? The town of Beacon Hills won't implode while you're out with one woman. Or man." Stiles looked curious and so did I.

"Or man?" I repeated waiting for an answer.

"It's a woman, guys. Okay. A very beautiful woman."

"What beautiful woman, by the way?" Stiles questioned and I placed a hand on my chin.

"Yeah what women?" I repeated.

"None of your business," he answered keeping our curiosity levels high.  "Either one of you."

Stiles and I turned to one another with crossed arms and he spoke first. "I want to know."