Issue #3: Air Spidey

After I left Dr. Connors house, I decided to go straight to school but I'm running super late, I think? You can be late to school right? Is that like a thing where it affects you like being late to work? Okay, what time is it?... History class. Not my favorite. I managed to sneak inside the class without the teacher noticing. I sat next to Gwen until the end of the class.

"Mr. (L/N), a word?" He asked me before the bell rang.

"Nice knowin' ya." Gwen told me. I walked over to the teacher's desk and waited for the teacher to say something.

"You know there's science and math in history, right?" He asked me.

"Yes, sorry I was just-" I said before being cut off.

"(Y/N) do you know why it's important to learn history?" He asked me.

" 'Cause if we don't, we're doomed to repeat the past? Or in my case, repeat this class?"

"History teaches is to never gives up. Fortunately for you, I'm not giving up on you, either. You can redo the quiz tomorrow. And I'm assigning you a tutor."

"Teach, I don't need-"

"You need a tutor for history and Mary Jane needs a tutor for biology. Fair trade."

°°°°°°°°°°°°

"So... What gave General Leonidas the advantage?" Mary Jane asked me.

"His awesome name?" I said sarcastically. Mary Jane let out a dry laugh.

"It was his environment, (Y/N). He used his environment to his advantage. His enemies couldn't escape. Before I could say anything, our conversation was interrupted by someone yelling.

"You did that on purpose, Flash!" We both looked over and saw this girl with dark hair is shouting at Flash. I think her name was Jessica Jones or something.

"No but I should've." He said smugly "You better watch your back."

I walker over to her before asking her "You all right?" She nodded and muttered "Yeah" after I asked her /////. I was about to pick up the bucket before I looked around and saw a basketball hurdling towards her face. I was able to catch it before it hit her in the face.

"Give it up (L/N)." Flash said. I turned my head to look at him. I looked at the ball before looking at Jessica. "Come on, man."

"One sec." I told them before giving Jessica my camera. I walked to the center of the gym while holding the ball before asking Flash "Why don't you take it from me?" Flash walked closer to me and looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Go ahead. Take it." I told him. He was about to grab the ball before I switched it to my left hand.

"Come on, man." He said while glaring at me. He was about to grab the ball again before I switched it to my right hand. He tried to take the ball again as I jumped and faked a throw behind his back. He quickly turned around to see where the ball was. I quickly threw the ball at his back before catching the ball after it bounced off of his back. He turned around and glared at me.

I grinned smugly before faking another throw towards his face making him flinched. I looked around and saw that most of the students were laughing at him.

"Just take it." I extended my arm forward. He looked at me and shook his head. "All right, how about this?" I asked before covering my eyes with my other hand. "All right?" I turned my head to the opposite direction. "How about that?"

He walked closer and grabbed the ball before he tried to take the ball out of my palm. He tried multiple times but failed regardless.

"Come on, Flash. Take it." I mocked him. He sighed and took a few steps back and readied himself.

"All right, bring it! Come on, (L/N)! Come on!" He shouted. I bounced the basketball a couple of times before I ran towards him. I ran past him before leaping up and dunking the ball inside the hoops. The glass backboard shattered the moment I grabbed onto the hoops. I fell on my ass before looking up to see what I've done.

°°°°°°

"(Y/N) behaviour is just... unacceptable." The school principal told Uncle Ben before we got up and exited his office.

"They not gonna make us pay for the backboard, you know that." I told Ben while we we walking along the main hallway.

"I don't care about the backboard." He turned his head towards me. "Was that true?" He asked as he stopped walking. "What I heard in there just now. Did you humiliate that boy?"

"Yeah, I did. But -"

"But what?"

"This- this guy deserved it."

"Did he?"

"Yeah."

"Is he the kid that hit you?" He asked me. I just nodded. "Is he?" He asked again.

"Yeah... but-"

"So all this is about getting even. If so, I guess you must feel pretty good about yourself now, right? Am I right or wrong?" I let out an exasperated sigh after he asked me that. "Yeah, I thought so."

"Well, thanks to this little escapade of yours, I had to change shifts at work, so you have to pick up Aunt May tonight at 9:00 o' clock. Understood?" I looked down at my hands. I guessed he didn't like my unresponsive. "Is that understood?" He asked again.

"yeah.... yeah" I muttered.

"Good" He looked past me before saying "She looks familiar." I turned around and saw Gwen was standing there waiting for someone. "She's the girl on your computer." He said with a smirk. "He got you on his computer! I'm his probation officer! " He told Gwen. "Don't forget Aunt May." He said before walking away.

"Okay!" I turned around to face Gwen. "He's a.... character... That's my uncle. He um... He's a pathological liar, he thought you were someone else."

She playfully rolled her eyes before saying "Oh, man, you don't have me on your computer?"

"Yeah, I took a photo of the debate team, and you're in the debate team so... "

"Right...."

"So... he must have seen it... I was- I was touching up stuff."

"Touching up stuff?" She asked before giggling.

"Come on. I was... I'm not gonna answer that."

"Did you get expelled?" She asked.

"No, no. I didn't get expelled. I got community service." I replied.

DO YOU WANT TO GO ON A DATE? DO YOU WANT TO GO ON A DATE? C'MON, JUST TOLD HER.

"So... uh... do you wanna uh...."

"Wanna what?" She asked.

"I don't know.... We could hang out- or we could do something else, or we could- if you don't- like we could-"

"Yeah." Gwen's face lit up with excitement.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, either one."

"Really?" I asked her.

"Sure." She replied.

"All right good. Sounds good."

"cool" She muttered.

"I- I can't right now, I'm so busy right now."

"Yeah, me too ugh!"

"But maybe uh..."

"Some other... time?" She said before turning around and walking away. It felt like my heart grew 3 sizes after she said that. I looked at her for a few seconds before turning around and skipping away.