03. 𝖺𝗋𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖽𝗈

maggie couldn't remember the last time she looked forward to going to work

maggie couldn't remember the last time she looked forward to going to work. especially for nick fury who's she's known for a couple years now.

they met in london where maggie was living and where nick fury was tracking down information that could be helpful to determine what power the tesseract had.

shield had found the tesseract on a deep sea dive when they were looking for a super hero that no longer existed. he was said to have crashed god knows where and many people were still looking for him.

but steve rogers has never been found and probably never will be.

he was the first super soldier to ever exist. he was last seen in the 40's and hasn't been recovered from said crash.

maggie had some relation to the tesseract because of the magic she occupies. she felt drawn to it for some reason.

she's had correlations with the mind stone many times before. that's how she ended up being the way she is but after time she's learned to love and preserve the special part of her.

and i think that's why braden isn't so found of her.

he hates the special part of himself meanwhile she loves the special part of herself.

the trio were sent to go california. they had two people to speak to, according to fury, that were on the top of his list for the avengers recruitment.

they had to move quick though, one of the recruits were said to just be visiting california and they didn't know how much time they had.

they landed in san diego at six in the morning. they had flown coast to coast the previous night. they had to take a few pit stops though because braden and chase were very close to pushing each other off the aircraft.

maggie and chase talked most of the time though, getting to know each other which was a good thing. braden kept to himself and slept most of the time.

they landed in a small air force base that shield owned. they were immediately going to look for their recruits but braden had other plans.

"the hell are you going?" chase yelled at braden who was walking away from him and maggie.

"i can't work on an empty stomach." braden stopped in his steps and turned back to look at maggie and chase.

"okay well, we'll go with you." maggie nodded.

"absolutely not." braden groaned obnoxiously.

"you're not the only one who's starving, brady." chase told braden who sighed.

"fine. but i'm picking where we go."

"deal."

brady ended with up taking the trio to a waffle house on the border of the city. it wasn't really busy which was good because they did need to discuss some things over this mission as they ate.