𝟢𝟪. 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎, 𝖻𝗂𝗀 𝖻𝗈𝗒?

"we tried to stop him—"

"i don't wanna hear it, maverick." nick rolled his eye at chase who was tailing right behind him.

they had finally landed back to the ship shield was on. but now it had turned into a full on aircraft. it didn't matter though, what mattered to chase the most right now was how he was gonna have to deal with fury.

he was pissed to say the least when he woke up to find out that brady kidnapped dakota, knocked her out unconscious, and brought her to london so they could take her to shield.

brady got an earful from chase but he just put his earbuds in and blasted his music the whole trip back. the others were too scared to talk to brady, scared that chase was also gonna be upset at them too.

dakota was taken by shields paramedics to make sure she was okay since brady informed them that she was unconscious the whole ride.

they were gonna let her rest up in one of the bunks until they were gonna talk to her and explain everything.

chase was just worried nick fury was gonna be upset at him for letting this happen. nick leads the group to a round table where they all take a seat, thought there still remained a few seats for others that weren't here obviously.

fury leans against the table and starts to talk.

"i'd like to start off by saying welcome, marleen and liam. i'm looking forward to working with all of you. i hope these two gentlemen weren't too hard on you guys when it came to recruitment." fury looks at the three new members who are listening to him intently.

chase has a frown on his face as he listens meanwhile brady is just looking around the room in his own little world.

"they were great." marleen smiled at fury kindly.

"chase was fine. brady was the real star though." liam shrugged nonchalantly.

"is that so?" nick looked back at brady who wasn't even paying attention then back at liam.

"he kidnapped someone, liam." chase reminded him harshly.

"brady listened to orders that i gave him and did exactly what he was supposed to do unlike others." nick used a stern tone and didn't hide the fact that he was upset over chase's attitude right now.

"what?" chase gaped.

"huh?" brady said when he heard his name being called.

"he endangered a human being, director fury. he went behind our backs an—"

"completed a task he was given by his boss who is also your boss if i remember correctly. and don't think i don't know about this grudge you hold against him, i saw it the second you stepped on this ship today." fury called out chase.

"all of you actually. whatever attitude you give each other should never effect your line of work. especially a mission or task that is given. understand?" fury looks at them.