What Happend

Joyce woke up drenched in sweat. She had the same nightmare at least 5 times a month, it was where she had turned the key and killed Hopper, the scene replaying constantly every time she closed her eyes. Shortly after, Ringg Ringg Joyce ran to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" Joyce asked as Hopper responded on the other end "Hey Joyce, are you okay you sound.. different?" clearly he was worried and she loved how he cared about her "Oh, yeah I am fine, just woke up.." she did not want to tell him the truth but somehow he could read her like an open book. "Joyce did you have another nightmare?" how could he have known.. "Y-yeah I did but it's fine I forgot what it was anyway." she replied "Oh okay well I am coming over with El if it's okay with you?" he asked hoping she'd say yes. He loved seeing her, talking to her, even hearing her name. "Sure, I'll get breakfast going." she hung up

Joyce was cooking some bacon and eggs when her mind got the best of her. She slowly thought about how bad she was falling.. I can't be falling for my best friend.. he's been there for me he was the only one who thought I wasn't crazy.. there's no way he see's me any more than a friend... After she snapped back to reality she realized she burnt the eggs and bacon. "Shit shit shit shit shit.." She murmured to herself as she heard a knock on the door

    "Hi Mo- Joyce!" El said "Hi sweetheart, Will is in his room." Joyce replied "Okay thanks!" Now it was Hopper's turn for a hello but he couldn't say something. For some reason he felt she was mad at him probably from this morning's attitude. "Hey" Hopper mumbled. Joyce was not expecting that at all. "Not a morning person?" Joyce asked she meant it as a joke but Hopper only thought she was more mad at that statement. "Yeah.. well I'm gonna go.. no point in me being here.." Hop did not want to say that but he had to. He had no intentions of ruining her day.

     "Hopper what? Yes you have a point!" Joyce didn't want him going either. She stared into his beautiful blue eyes as he stared at her beautiful brown eyes. "No really I have work and stuff.. Have fun." he wasn't his usual happy self. She knew she did something wrong but she couldn't do anything about it now, it was too late. She had to stay strong for the kids. "Mom! Me and El are gonna go to the arcade with Max and Lucas, please let us we already said yes!" Will and El asked in sync. "Of course! Stay safe be back by 4!" Joyce yelled as they left. But as soon as that door shut she laid her back against the wall and just slid down. Hop comforted her, and without him she wouldn't be there right now. She slowly got up and grabbed her cigarettes from the counter, but it wasn't hers. Hop had left it in his hurry to leave. They were too strong for her but she took it anyways needing a way to escape. She was scared, lonely, and sad.. She needed to call him.