Need You

Before she knew it, she was at the phone dialing his number.. Please pick up.. please pick up.. please Hop please.. After her third attempt she almost gave up but he picked up. "Joyce?" he said confused on why she'd be calling. "Hopper.. I'm sorry I don't know what I did please come back please.. I- I need you.." Joyce was desperate in tears.. she was so alone and scared. "It isn't your fault I was stupid I thought you were mad at me I-.. I'm on my way." he said while hanging up. "Please hurry.." she said out loud to herself in tears. Joyce who would want a freakshow like you, crying all the time.. maybe you should listen to the people maybe you are crazy. Her thoughts were interrupted by the door being banged down. She was too busy thinking to hear him knocking. "Joyce!? Where were you I was knocking!?" he said picking her up into a hug. 

"I'm sorry.. I don't want to loose you again, Hop." 

"Again?.. What do you mean again? Joyce I will always be here by your side whenever you need me." 

"I almost killed you.. at the gate.."

"But you didn't. I am here and that's all that matters." he said picking her up and onto the couch. Before she could say anything he already put a blanket on her too. 

"I'll make you some soup and a coffee, how's that?" 

"Thank you.. I love-" she couldn't finish that what if she was right.. he didn't love her

"I had no idea you loved soup, I'll make it more often then!" he said smiling at her

Fuck.. I blew it.. my only chance.. I need to fix this.. But before she could she was already brought her soup and coffee while Hop put his arm around her as he flicked through the TV channels. 

"No I don't love soup I love something else.." she said

"Oh? The coffee?" he was confused at what she meant

"No.. I love.. y-you.. Jim Hopper." 

"I-..What?" 

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that I-" she was in tears as she got up and ran outside to smoke a cig. She needed one.. I knew he didn't love me back I knew-

"I love you too Joyce Horowitz." he said following her outside 

"You do?" she asked

"Yes.. I do.." he pulled her closer looking at her for a nod of approval before he pulled her in for a kiss. She deepened the kiss standing on her tippytoes pulling Hopper closer to her. She needed him and she had him. He needed her and he had her.