Sidekicks PART 1

-Hello? -said someone.
Ren Litian looked up with his eyes filled with tears to what appeared another kid in front of him.
-Do you need help getting up? -they spoke again, as they lend out a hand for them to hold.- Come on, I don't bite!
Ren sobbed, as he wiped his nose with his sleeve before grabbing onto their hand, which he not realized was a animal-like paw instead.
-Are you alright? Why are you crying? -the kid asked him, wiping the dust off his shirt.
-They called me weak, and im not weak! -Ren raised his voice, frustrated as he stomped his foot against the ground. -But crying is for weak people, and... -he'd sniff his nose, not finishing the sentence.
-I don't think crying is weak. Everyone does that! It doesn't mean you're weak! -the kid answered, smiling as he chuckled to his own words -they are just being dumb, that doesn't mean they're right.
-R..Really? you think so? -Ren wiped his tears, lifting up his mood a bit. - I don't think so, I know it! -the kid's wings spread out, his little tail wagging in the back confidently. -My name is Riva, Riva Sunrise is me! -he'd say, jokingly.
Ren looked at Riva for a minute before answering, as he felt something within him, he didn't know what it was. -Ren. Sunrise is a weird surname... -he'd frown his eyebrows, or something since he didn't know how to react.
-Oh... -Riva's ear flopped down suddenly, his smile disappeared.
- I...I didn't mean it in a bad way! -Ren panicked, noticing the sudden change of emotion.- Im weird! Like... really weird! And it doesn't have to be a bad thing, l...like you said earlier! -he'd grab his paw for reassurance.
-You're right! Im kind of weird too! We're both weird then! Together! -he'd smile again, his tail moving in the back. -I've got an idea!
- W...What is it? -Ren tilted his head a bit.
- Let's make a promise! Like: I promise to...-he'd think for a bit, his ears were twitching. -I'll promise to always, always ALWAYS be weird with you! To be... with you! Like a sidekick! -he'd smile, his eyes had this shine that could blind you as if it was the sun. Ren's jaw dropped in amazement. -Like... like a superhero?! -he was suprised.
-Even better than that! Like a best friend! Though I don't know which is cooler..
-O...Okay then, I promise to... -he'd think hard, he didn't want his promise to be boring. -I can't think of anything... -he huffed in frustration.
-It's okay! You'll think of something, no rush! -he'd pat his head. -Oh my gosh, your hair is so soft! Wow, and your eyes are like a cloud!

----------------

Ren Litian and Riva Sunrise became the best friends since they were 5 years old, as Riva had helped Ren get over his bullies and be more confident in himself. Ren didn't realize it, but that would be one of his many core memories with him. Their families got along greatly, and they kept their friendship going for another 6 more years, until the end of primary school. Ren peacefully revised his notes as the bell rung, everyone got out of their seats rapidly as they went outside for recess. Ren stayed inside of class, no teacher ever said anything so he didn't bother. Also because he wasn't feeling well either, he was nervous.
-Ren! -Riva opened the class door and got in, excited to see Ren after class.
- R...Riva! -Ren got out of his seat slowly, as Riva had already pounced onto him like he was his prey, he'd embrace him as his soft paw like hands rubbed his back, it was relaxing.
- So how was class? Helping out the class president is so boring, why did she even pick me?! -he'd rant, tired as he'd stretch his arms out.
- Nothing interesting really... I was revising notes from last's week chemistry class -he'd fix his hair as he talked.
Riva zooned out while looking at his hair, Ren soon noticed.
- R...Riva? -he'd stutter, suddenly seeing how his paw reached to his face, well, hair. - Uhm! -Riva's paw tucked Ren's hair behind his ear, before holding a strand of it, and just looked at it.
- Your hair's getting really long, do you plan on cutting it? -he'd ask. - I don't know, why... do you say? -he'd calm down, not knowing if his face was as red as a tomato or not.
- I like how long it's getting! It looks beautiful on you -he'd smile warmly at him, still holding his hair.
- Uhm, Riva, I've.. - he'd slowly raise his hand toward's his. -I've got to tell you something..
-Riva?! Are you in here!? -yelled a female voice from outside the class, before slamming the door open. -There you are! Why'd you sneak off?! I wasn't done talking to you! -she'd side eye Ren, with a bit of an annoyed look. Ren lowered his hand the moment that door opened, Riva did it later as he didn't care. He'd notice how the student named 'Mary' looked at him, he'd just look down instead. Mary was the class president of Riva's class, she was demanding, loud, and confident... very confident. She likes to hangout with Riva a lot. She could express herself all the wants, but Ren couldn't do anything that she could.