Blue PART 4.5

Riva's paws were covering his face, as he was sat down in his couch. His leg bounced repeatedly, nervous, as his tail moved, scratching the sofa.
-Are you doing okay, little bro? -Keith asked, sitting beside him.
-I can't believe it, I knocked out my childhood friend -he'd bury his head on his paws, ashamed.
-Hey, you didn't know... -Keith pet his back. -What are the chances that your childhood friend who you haven't seen in ages is on the rival's team? -he'd chuckle, nervously.
-I know, I know, it's just... -he'd think. -I've seen him before and I couldn't even recognize him, I feel horrible.
-It's okay, Riva, really... -he'd sigh. -You both have changed, how could you even...
Someone knocked on the door of the apartment, Keith went to open it as Riva was far too stressed for anything. Keith took a peek in que peekhole and let them in.
-I CAN'T BELIVE IT! -Mary yelled as she pushed the door open, hitting Keith. -Is it really Ren!? Oh my gosh.
Riva lowered his ears, Mary's yelling was disturbing him.
-Mary! Lower your voice, will you?! -Keith closed the door, his ears folding sideways.
-Let me be! Im flipping out right now! -she'd walk over to Riva. -So? What are you gonna do?!
Riva turned his head towards her, lowering his arms to his knees.
-W...What do you mean? -he said with a quiet tone, Riva didn't understand.
-Well you remember how bad he treated you, now it's your chance to get it back! -she'd wave around her fists, nervous and excited.
Riva's eyes slightly widened -Oh, I mean... -he'd fidget with his paws.
Keith noticed the tension of the situation.
-Mary, let Riva take his time -he'd place his hand on Mary's shoulder, making her give Riva some space. -Riva, listen to me.
Riva looked at Keith, his tail nervously moved.
-I don't know a lot of what happened between... all of you. I don't think Roy will need him anytime sooner, otherwise he'd already be at the cabin searching for him -he thought. -Take your time, but the best option is to get him to leave as soon as he gets better. You got it?
Riva hesitated to answer, did he really want him to leave? -Okay, I'll do that then.
-I, personally, disagree! -Mary argued with Keith. He pushed Mary out of the apartment next to him, wanting to give Riva some time.

Riva closed the door as they both left, he went to check up on Riva. He hesitated to open the door, not knowing what to expect, but he did anyways. Riva looked at Ren, who was sat on the bed. They interlocked eyes, as Riva felt like he was going to tear up.
-You're...awake -he said, entering the room.
-I've been for the last 20 minutes -he looked down nervously. -I've got to leave, haven't I? -he said as he got up, looking at his clothes -Where... did you...change my clothes?
-Oh, uhm, yeah -his ears lowered. -Your coat was dirty, and I didn't want the bed to get dirty.
Ren looked at the hoodie he was wearing, he sighed as he turned his head away, he didn't want Riva to see his stupid, flustered expression.
-You can burn the coat, I don't want it -he'd put on his shoes that were next to the bed.
Riva saw him get ready to leave, he gripped onto his fist as he didn't know what to do.
-Im leaving -he walked towards the bedroom door where Riva was standing next to. -Roy probably needs..
Riva suddenly grasped onto his hand, making Ren stop immediately. He gripped onto it. Ren's eyes widened as his heart was about to fly out of his chest.
-If Roy needed you he would already be searching for you, and he isn't... -he'd hold onto his hand. -You could stay until your wounds have healed...at least.
Ren felt like he was about to cry, the knot in his throat which he though he got rid off was back, it was haunting him. He wanted to leave, his head couldn't take it, but his heart needed to stay.
-Fine, but don't blame me for anything -Ren relaxed his firm body, finally.
-I wouldn't blame you for anything in the world... -Riva said softly, he smiled at last.
Ren felt tears forming in his eyes, his face turned red. He looked down as his hand covered his face.
-I'll bring you a drink and some food, okay? Just go back to bed, I won't make you do anything.
Ren did as he was told, Riva exited the room as he closed the door behind him.

Ren couldn't take it, how and why would he want him to stay?! He heard how Mary spoke about him earlier, saying how he treated Riva horribly. If that's the case, why doesn't Riva want him to leave? It was all so confusing, Ren was feeling everything he felt the day he left, he didn't know what to think or do. But it's not like he wanted to leave Riva either. Why didn't he hate him?

Riva felt his tail move from side to side, as it slightly began to wag. Riva didn't understand, he was treated unfairly in the past, wasn't he? Ren didn't change, and neither did Riva it seems.
-I...can't let him leave -he thought. -I don't want him to leave me again.
Everything that Mary had said about Ren was forgotten, he couldn't see it anymore. He wanted Riva, he wanted his friend back, his sidekick. He grabbed some bread as he cut it in half, making a sandwich.
Ren was sat down on the bed, he looked at his hands which were covered by the long sleeve of the hoodie. He grabbed it, pulling it towards his face as he smelled it. It was Riva's hoodie, it smelled like him. His eyelids relaxed as his eyes were almost closed, he was exhausted. A knock on the door would be hear, Ren immediately snapped out of it as Riva came inside with a tray of food.
-Here, I made you a sandwich, and you can have some peach juice too -he placed it on the bed. -I thought you'd still like it.
Ren looked at the food, he couldn't bare to look him in the eyes.
-Thanks... I guess -he looked away, how'd he remember what he liked after all this time?
-Are you doing alright? Do your arms, head or back hurt? -he'd ask, depending on where he had some bruises or scratches.
-Im fine, nothing's wrong -he lied, everything was wrong. He wanted to tell him everything but he couldn't even look at him.
Riva's eyebrows furrowed in sadness, he was actually worried, but he didn't realize anything.
-If you need anything, knock on the wall three times, I'll be in the other room -he closed the door as he left.
Ren saw him leave, he looked at the sandwich and juice box.
-He took the time to make this for me?.. -he thought. There wasn't a way possible for Ren to hate him, he still loved him after all.

Riva texted Keith about the situation, saying he didn't feel Ren was harmful. Keith didn't get it, so he'd come by tomorrow to talk about it. Keith suggested he didn't tell Mary anything yet, as she had a more defensive opinion than Keith's, who was more rational and understanding. It was getting late anyways, and he thought about sleeping on the couch since he didn't want to bother Ren. He knocked on the bedroom door again, coming inside.
-I need to change, It's getting late, do you mind? -Riva said.
-You going to sleep on the floor or something? -Ren asked, looking away as Riva changed his shirt, he might have peeked though.
-Uh, yeah! I wasn't going to bother you or anything... -he said, oblivious.
-I don't care -Ren said.
-Sorry? -Riva turned his head towards him.
-I don't care if you sleep on the bed, it's big enough anyways...
Riva's heart beat a bit faster, his cheeks heated up a bit.
-Are you... really sure? I mean... -he'd pull his shirt down.
-You can't sleep anywhere with those wings, that tail's going to stab you. Might as well not die by accident -Ren spoke as he'd let his hair down, massaging his scalp for a bit.
Riva's eyes widened, he felt his tail wag but tried to hold it in. His hair was definitely longer, it looked amazing on him.
-I... left the med-kit on the second drawer, do you need help on checking your wounds? -he'd ask, fixing his hair.
-...whatever makes you feel better -Ren bent over to get it.
Riva sat down on the bed as they looked at the bruises and scratched on Ren's arms, they were healing slowly but surely. Ren turned his back on Riva so he could check on it.

-Im going to check your back now then... -Riva's soft paws lifted the hoodie.
Ren felt a shiver down his spine, as feeling his paws pass through his back made him blush, but Riva couldn't see his face. His paws caressed around the wounds, checking if they hurt or anything, Ren was shaking nervously and Riva had noticed, so he finished as fast as he could.

-Everything looks fine, I've put some cream and if it hurts any more you could take som pain killers later -he'd put back the med-kit. As he looked back, he noticed Ren was already laid down on the bed, sleeping with his hair on his face. Riva looked at him, not knowing what he was feeling anymore, he'd caress the hair out of his face as he felt his skin. His ears bent as he felt his heart pound. I guess he was glad his friend was back. He closed the light and the curtains from the window, as he laid beside him. He looked towards his side to his wings and tail would hang off the bed. As he was about to close his eyes, Ren turned around, as they faced each other. It has been so long since Riva saw him this peaceful, he felt his paw lift toward's Ren's face, feeling his cheek as he caressed it with his thumb. He didn't know what he was doing, it was like something took over him. He snapped out of it as Ren turned around once again, facing the other way. Riva looked at his hand as he laid it down, falling asleep.
Ren was panicking as he has been awake the whole time, he covered his mouth and face as it was heated up, what was wrong with that manticore?!