Past PART 14

—D..Don't come any closer! —exclaimed Ren as he bumped his back against the wall.
  —You've got some nerve. You think you can just do whatever as you fucking please?! —he'd rapidly grip on his wrist, lifting it up so he'd lean over closer to him.
The other teammates looked at them as they gossiped, not interfering as they'd get in trouble as well. He couldn't focus on the two things, his head was already hurting and all the noises overwhelmed him more than he already was.
  —Are you listening?! —he yelled right at his face.
  —Let me GO! —he'd try to break free, moving his head as he struggled.
He'd grab his face, squeezing it as he forcedly tuned his face towards him. He'd do anything to avoid eye contact, but he couldn't escape it.
  —You're so fucking useless.

Ren gasped for air as he woke up, he felt tears running down his cheeks, sweating out of nervousness. He quickly got out of bed as he locked himself in the bathroom, washing his face rapidly.
  —Not again, not again —he thought, but it just wouldn't stop.
He'd look at his reflection in the mirror. He had scratches and bruises all over his limbs, his wrist was a bright red color too. He'd sniff as he wiped his teary eyes, his reflection changed to his present self, where his body didn't have any markings.
  —It's been... a goddam year —he'd grip onto his hair. —Why doesn't it stop..?
His head flashed the images of Mary holding his hand. How they threw him around, slap and kicked him. How he took advantage of him, how he said and did so many things he was somehow able to remember. He screamed for help, but he got ignored. He got avoided, he got left behind to rot in his own suffering.
  —Ren? —said Riva from the other side of the door, knocking three times.
Ren got startled, but he didn't answer, he didn't make a sound, he just stood there as his face was buried on his knees while his hair was all over him.
  —Is everything okay? —he asked, pressing his ear against the door, but he couldn' hear anything. —Would you like me to leave? —he'd ask.
Riva saw the shadow moving under the door, it seems he got the message.
  —I'll be waiting back in bed, okay? —he said —I love you.
He heard his steps fading until he heard the door creaking, knowing he was in bed and not near him.
  —I... I have to talk with Riva... —he thought, trying to steady his breath as he closed his eyes.
But even if he wanted to, he couldn't. When he panicked he'd just shut down, unable to speak. It was like he had a tight rope around his neck, tightening itself more and more within each second that passed.
  —Why is it so hard...? —he'd groan in agony.

A few minutes passed, and Riva heard the door creaking as he felt Ren sitting down on the edge of the bed. He'd rub his eyes as he'd faintly smile.
  —Hey... what happen- —his paw reached out to him, but he'd stop mid-way.
  —Please... don't —he'd say quietly — don't touch me.
Riva's eyes slightly widened as he closed his hand into a fist, retreating it back without hesitation.
  —Yeah, of course... —his ears bent down.
Even though he knew this probably had to do with something else, he couldn't deny he was sad about it. He'd turn his body around, facing the other direction of the bed as he gave him the space he needed. Ren turned his head around, looking at Riva's back. His heart shattered, but he couldn't help what he felt, he just couldn't do anything about it in that moment.
Riva didn't sleep that much, he wanted to know what happened, even the slightest thing would ease his worry a little. He felt a bit colder that night. Besides, his ear kept twitching at the slightest noise Ren would make, that meaning the little sobs he kept hearing through a long time.