Chapter 19 - Attack of Fort Valk (Part 2)...

Quick Recap On: A New Age of Warfare

The invasion of the Grizalan Kingdoms has gained multiple successes in the early parts of the invasion, however it is beginning to bog down as the Grizalan Armies are deployed more and are successfully holding the line, especially in the northern part of the western region.

Multiple Quan Armies are getting beaten back as more and more Grizalans are showing up and have started pushing them around. However, shocking news reached the ears of the higher-ups and the emperor as they've lost 3 whole armies in a span of a week then followed by reports that towns were being liberated from the Grizalan's unknown allies. So they ordered a retreat back to the friendly lines.

However, it is futile to retreat...

As they have nowhere to run...

==========================================================

Talking: "Hello how are you? I'm under the water... please help me"

Shouting (All CAPS!): "BRUHHHHHHH!!!"

Whispering: "I'm in danger :D"

Telepathy: 'i have come bearing gifts

Thoughts: "it is what it is"

Background/Action: *Sheeeeeeeeeeesh*

Radio: ≈Thot spotted! Over≈

==========================================================

Location: Second highest tower of Fort Kin (Formerly named Fort Valk), In-between Quan-Grizalan Border.

Date: November 23, 904

Time: 1:11 AM

3rd P.O.V.

It's been roughly 10 minutes since the arrival of the Auroran Army at Fort Kin and so far nothing has happened significantly lately. The construction of the defenses of the fort came to a halt as the enemy army arrived a day early as it was thought they will arrive mid-day tomorrow, nonetheless, they manned the partially finished walls to prepare and defend the fort.

While the defense of the fort was hastily manned, the camp below was prepared for this scenario as they were the first to take the brunt of the attack and let the fort fix and improve the defenses. This time will be enough to make the fort hard to crackdown.

But all of that was not possible because of the Fortress Shield Crystal as it was activated minutes ago. The enemy army cannot get close to the camp and fort as the shield was blocking all entry or exit.

Two powerful armies can't do anything but look at each other from afar within binocular/spyglass visual range.

The standoff was something that the Auroran Army can't have, as time was being wasted under the blazing sun, there is a possibility that another enemy army might come from the border to strengthen the fort or even possibly stage a counter-attack of the western region of the Grizalan Kingdom.

And so James needs to think of something quick to destroy the shield, attack the camp and promptly destroy the enemy within it, attack and capture the fort before any reinforcements arrive to stop them from reaching their objective.

While they were close to their objective, there was only one thing that separates them from attacking the fort and the camp head-on, the Fortress Shield.